THE OTHER KIND

A few years ago, Snow*, a childhood friend, classmate, room mate, shoulder to cry on friend (I am always the shoulder, she, the cry baby), I knew since I was seven years old, confided in me that she is a lesbian, I couldn’t accept it.

I lectured (nagged more like it) her on and on about how her mother vowed to be a vegetarian (temporary) as a token of gratitude to the Goddess of Mercy to grant her a daughter. We discussed in great length on the possibility of her being disowned by her parents, problems in the future, etc etc.

Today, I couldn’t be bothered. Haven’t seen her in ages, I decided to crash her Indomee# poolside party in one of her friend’s apartment in some upscale residential area.

With 3 bottles of Tiger beer, a few packets of chips, a bottle of Kickapoo (Snow’s favorite) and a pack of Dunhill Menthol Lights, I was ready to rock and roll.

There were about 20 of them. Most are high flyers. They have traveled half of the world. Funny lot. They were very animated when they described their peculiar experiences with foreign people especially people from China and Shanghai– the spitting (accuracy and speed), being brutally rude and rough, unshaved armpits, talking out too loud, etc.

Not surprisingly, half of the girls are pengkids (A slang in Malay to describe girls dressing up like males, using layers of white cloth to wrap their breasts so they would remain flat, short hair, etc). Nevertheless, they are friendly people.

One of them came up to me and say, “Hey Gorgeous, what’s your name?” That is the best pick up line that I ever heard in my entire life. (Probably the one and only).

There were some gorgeous ones too. Snow is tall and slender in her blue and yellow Billabong Bikini, Mitch*, Snow’s girlfriend, has husky sexy voice, big eyes and megawatt smile and Jade* a.k.a. Flora Chan in her black spaghetti strap top. Some of them look so motherly that you don’t believe they are gays.

I guess I must have created a rather awkward atmosphere as I looked straight (very un-gayish)the moment I stepped into the poolside area. I guess Snow must have warned them to behave themselves. Sigh. I don't have sex appeal even to lesbians! SIGH!

After a few rounds of kick-ass indomee, Tiger beer, screwdrivers, I blurted out the taboo word.

Cardinal sin in any lesbian party – never ever mention the “S” word: SPINSTER. I naively told them about the tragic organic farm trip when they were reviewing some pics in my digital camera.

These people are just like other ordinary people. They are nice people, minding their own biz and running their own lives. I don’t understand why our society would still treat them with prejudice, a piece of lame joke to poke around. As long as they are comfortable with their sexuality, who gives a flying f*ck?

I had a good time, grinning most of the time like a Cheshire Cat and keeping my bloody mouth shut to avoid saying something else that would be considered taboo. Heck. I even dressed up for this occasion when I couldn’t be bothered to do so when I go out with the guys. Is that a sign that I am unconsciously a lesbian too?

Hhmph.

*[names] - Obviously, nicknames are used to protect the lesbians, I mean the innocent.
#Indomee is a brand of instant noodle from Indonesia.

Comments

Backup comments said…
omg lesbian pool party

is the stuffs schoolboys dream about. hmph.
lomoch | Homepage | 09.05.04 – 10:06 pm | #

Well, Ann, you would probably be picked up by those girls over there if you were to go with me. It’s really cool.

Lomoch! Hahha! You pervie.
Gina | Homepage | 09.06.04 – 1:30 am | #

Gays & lesbians. Whatever ppl think, they are the bravest lot in our society coz they don’t hide but stand up for what they believe in.

And that’s what I admire about them. No matter what my pastors say.
mdmafia | Homepage | 09.06.04 – 12:23 pm | #

Mdm Mafia – wish that there are more Christians like you.
Gina | Homepage | 09.07.04 – 12:14 am | #

Popular Posts