INCREMENT PROPOSAL

Been having sleepless nights as my brains cells are still actively trying to get over the thought of changing my job AGAIN.

I am happy with where I am now. Less stress. Less office politics.

Obviously the new prospect job pays much much better than what I have now. About 50% more(??). Typical human greed. The more you have, all the more you want.

I told my friend tactfully that I am happy here (serious!) and I do not wish to change as I have just started to set foot back to the corporate world and wish to be remained in this bliss for a little longer or basking in sheer joy of being complacent. Age is catching up. I am getting uncomfortable to move on to new challenges.

As much as I resented going for interviews, Monday’s interview was merely a favor for a good friend, who thinks that I might fit well in this company due to my aggressive nature. THIS interview turned me around.

The lady boss here, she looked typically like someone I met during my last Saturday’s rendezvous with the homosexuals. Pretty broad (PB) with a foul mouth. She was using the “F” word right through the entire interview. Of coz I don’t really mind as I myself to use “F” word indiscriminately. (Only as in figure of speech, not as in verb, which is kinda sad.) Part of the reasons why this poor good friend of mine is leaving, could not tolerate this kind of abusive language. This is stock market lah. Hello?

PB was merely stating some examples, but I was positive that she was actually making a statement: I AM THE BOSS HERE. DON’T YOU DARE F*CK WITH ME.

Like the Chinese saying goes – one mountain can only have one tiger (I wonder how did this one tiger mate? Asexually like amoebas?). IF I am employed, it is going to be tough. Both of us would be screaming at each other. Or as I've always prefer to think of my glass as half full than empty, at least both of us are outright frank in communication.

Imagine what would I derive out of this job with the additional dough? (PB claims that the yearly increment has superb arithmetical tendency)
- An apartment/shag nest to call my own!
- Pay off my credit cards bills
- Buy a new car (RAV4)
- Buy extra insurance
- Take my parents to vacations
- Get sister the best psychiatrist
The people that I am going to meet would be a tremendous boost to my already over burdening social life. (as if) The level of exposure and experience would not be the same. It would hit me like a bullet train. I am scared, worried, excited, delirious... all at the same time.

The downside of it: I probably need to kiss PB’s ass.

And I don’t know how to tell Sugar. *heart breaks*

Oh well, I probably flunked the interview and failed to secure the job.

Comments

Backup comments said…
emm… what’s RAV4?



on a separate note, i had a job offer (no need interview) which offered me nearly 50% extra early this year. plus a guaranteed one month’s bonus (current job no bonus). turned it down coz i really like the current job, and the offer has a job spec that i SERIOUSLY don’t like. was a tremendously difficult decision turning down the luxurious offer, and had to hide it from my mum in case she kicks me in the butt and keeps bringing it up in the future.

hehe. good luck in the interview!
ryuu | 09.12.04 – 3:59 am | #

Mine offers at least 2 months bonus!! *Bite fingernails*

Ryuu: At least you are happy. I hope I would be happy too.
Gina | Homepage | 09.12.04 – 2:14 pm | #

RAV4 is Toyota’s mini SUV.

http://www.toyota.com/rav4/

I like.
Gina | Homepage | 09.12.04 – 2:18 pm | #

They say money can’t buy happiness. I would beg to differ.

mdmafia | Homepage | 09.13.04 – 6:46 pm | #

they say people who say money can’t buy happiness never had it.
ryuu | Homepage | 09.15.04 – 2:38 pm | #

Popular Posts