HEALING TIME


Fixing A Broken Heart

It's funny how you tend to bump into something so coincidental that you wish it would come in alternate forms; such as great luck to strike lottery?

Do you notice, when you hurt the right toe, people would keep stepping onto it? Or when you get a Hepatitis B jab on your left arm, and when friends say hello, they would tap - hard, exactly on the same painful spot, unintentionally?

This is the way I see things at this moment. I bumped into a blog: Note to Self. Catchy post title: Worst Songs to Listen to when Heartbroken. Call me sensitive. I felt a connection. Ironic.

Then.. I continued reading..

This particular paragraph brought tears to my eyes:
Excerpts from Note to Self (I hope she doesn't mind)

"Do you really know what it means to love someone, Femme?"

"Yeah, sure...you know, when you're palms get all sweaty when you see that person, and you feel like you can't breathe when you're around him. What's not to know?"

"No Femme. To love someone means wanting whatever is best for the person you love. It means doing everything you can possibly do to make her happy and support her through everything she goes through, stand aside when she falls in love with your best friend, and hold her hand when she cries about him. That, Femme, is what it means to love someone."
Ooo.. strong message - STAND ASIDE.

So, I am linking her blog, here! :)

I chose not to wallow in self pity. I'll be A-ok.

Hang in there, Femme. May the force be with you.

Comments

Backup comments said…
gee… if i knew you i’d give you a great big hug. hang in there yeah
CC | 09.25.04 – 11:49 am | #

CC: Thanks. I would need more than a hug. Perhaps a hard knock with a hammer right on the head.
Gina | Homepage | 09.26.04 – 3:41 am | #

*group hug*
mdmafia | Homepage | 09.28.04 – 3:17 pm | #

Popular Posts