TUCK A PLUCK PLUCK


The Trio in Pluck
What happens when great music falls into the hands of talented goofs? You get Pluck, that’s what. Pluck is three classical musicians determined to be really quite silly, who play, sing, and dance from Bach to the Beatles. Venue: The Actors Studio, Bangsar Shopping Centre, KL. Starts today and runs till Sept 19, at 8pm; 3pm shows on Saturdays and Sundays only. Box Office: 03-2094 0400 /1400; Tickets: RM52 and RM42 (for children 12 and below).

It was a fun watch alright.

I went to Actors Studio for the first time and I am sure it won’t be my last. :)

The tickets were a bit too pricey for ordinary salary earner such as myself. This musical caters more towards the high end people like the expatriates. It was not surprising that 50% of the audience, consisted of Mat Sallehs and the rest, the rich Bangsar people. Or was it due to the majority of typical Malaysians’ mentality of not paying more than RM5 for entertainment? This time, it is on Dimples (The lost sheep), for not remembering how to get home… twice.

I enjoyed the show mostly because I was with good company; two of my very good friends, Dimples and WY.

For first timers, it was rather intimidating initially. When I read the terms and conditions behind the tickets, requested audience to wear smart casuals, i.e. forbidding round neck t shirts, jeans, revealing clothes.. etc, I prayed that WY did not turn up wearing jeans and revealing top to this Sunday Matinee. (Both of us are first timers). Worrying over nothing, I could say. Those Mat Sallehs couldn’t be bothered and most of the children thronged in with their round neck shirts and slippers.

We were entertained by classical music ranging from Bach to Vivaldi, the usual subtle English humor which I always find irresistibly sexy, talented string players (hence, the show called Pluck), and the sporting participation from the audience which ought to be applauded.

Generally, it was an enjoyable Sunday afternoon outing.

We had tea cum dinner at Chilli’s Grill&Bar, and yakked for hours, despite the double standard treatment. One thing about Bangsar is, they only aim to please the foreigners, and left the locals to figure out where to get their own forks and spoons or servettes. And they wonder why we never tip them. I hate Bangsar. It is so bloody pretentious.

It is good to join some regular friends for a change - unlike the group of friends I have been with for the past few weeks – the Demented Supper Gang, the Homosexuals and the Middle Aged. Don’t get me wrong. They are just as interesting and nice to be with.

And yes.. we missed a turn while sending Dimples back. (I'm convinced Dimples is jinxed!)

However, we managed to get to her house hassle free, compared to the two times when we depended on two GUYS to lead the way. What is it with men and the principles of never asking for direction?


Passionate Pluck

Comments

Backup comments said…
Definately a good one. I laughed so much till my jaw ache even b4 the 1st half end.
Ann | 09.22.04 – 12:08 am | #

You lah, Ann. Go and tell me it is funny. so I over expected it. I didnt laugh much till the second half – the roses part.
Gina | Homepage | 09.23.04 – 12:06 am | #

You know me….I’m easily amused!! It’s kinda good cuz my man don’t need to try hard to make me laugh.
Ann | 09.23.04 – 2:28 pm | #

Popular Posts