SAVED BY THE RAIN

Lazy bugs had invaded my body. I haven’t gone to the gym in ages – despite pledging a commitment of at least three times a week. I went to four sessions of gym - in total, last month. This is not very encouraging.

Somehow, motivation is eroding subconsciously – I have yet to figure out what is going on. Maybe I am just plain lazy. However, the wet weather these days, miraculously work in favor for me. I have been saved by the rain.

With the heavy downpour right after 5 pm, I do not intend to waste 2 hours, under excessive profanities, to drive back home. I have no choice but to go to the gym.

On Wednesday, with my gym mate missing in action – she, too, was invaded by the lazy bugs, I decided to join the body step class for the third time.
Body Step
Right. Left. Knee. Heel. Straddle. Mambo. Hop Hop. Turn around the world. Shuffle!
It was the “Shuffle” that got me lost. I just couldn’t do any steps with a 360 degrees turn. I am born with two left feet.

Met two new friends in class – Alex & Vivi. The regulars. Guess it is good to mingle around rather than sticking to the ill-discipline gym mate.

On Thursday, I decided to try something different.
Body Combat – with double instructor (females), a Japanese and a Malay.

Jab. Punch. Kick. Jump. Jab. Sides.
Think that was easy? I almost got myself killed in the class.

After 20 minutes, everyone was drained. Someone pleaded for a 10 seconds breather. The Nippon lady said – Nobody stops!

It was hilarious. It was fun. And it involves lotsa shouting. Highly recommended to combat stress.

I am simply anxious to go for another session.

Comments

Backup comments said…
I’ll make sure you go gym at least 3 times a week!!
Ann | 09.18.04 – 11:26 pm | #

Then, don’t be mad if i politely declined your invitation to yum cha. hehe.
Gina | Homepage | 09.18.04 – 11:39 pm | #

ei…..you go gym after work la….
Ann | 09.19.04 – 12:03 am | #

We usually yum cha after work since you can’t wake up early enough for breakfast? Hehe.
Gina | Homepage | 09.19.04 – 3:46 am | #

Popular Posts