I SAW THE SIGN


Deadlock Dreams

There won’t be any bonus declaration for the staff this year. Staffs were de-motivated and dragged their asses to work. (Actually the ass dragging thingy is already happening, way before the bonus declaration).

Mr Xmas came complaining to me that he might lose his job as the president of corporate. The management has not been paying his salary for 5 months already.

Thank heavens…the above were merely dreams. The first was by Sugar and the second by yours truly.

This doesn’t sound promising.

I have yet to receive the so-called offer letter which would pay more than 50% of what I am earning now. The Pretty Broad thinks I am not keen enough to take up the offer. (I am darn keen on the money, the prospects, the people I am going to meet.. except I am not too keen to work for her).

What do you think? Should I move on?

The new place promises at least 2 months bonus, ample free time (seasonal), an avenue to meet big shots in the corporate world and people who dictate the stock market, challenging and fast moving, etc.

The downside of coz – the Pretty Broad and the office politics (part of the reason I left the corporate world earlier).

Sigh.

I like it here. I really like it here. Despite the silly stuffs that we had to go through everyday. The working dynamics between my immediate superior is amazing. We understand each other. We know how to go about in time of crisis. We share our grief and happiness. It is hard to find such working camaraderie anywhere else, like my second permanent job in a management firm.

I hope I would make the right choice.


Right Choice of Dreams

Comments

Backup comments said…
Gina – money is not everything. It is said that people join a company and leave a manager. You know already that you don’t like their politics and their Pretty Board. Howlong do you think you will stay? when will you be frustrated again?

Stay where you are and talk to your superior. Ask for career advancement. How you can move your salary and responsibility upwards. Basically, stay!! Send me a mail, if you want to discuss more, okay?
Andreas | Homepage | 10.02.04 – 11:34 am | #

The grass always appears greener on the other side, but when you taste them they are all the same.

So why don’t try your own home grow grass?
GreenGreenGrassHome | 10.03.04 – 4:16 pm | #

Well, girl. Do what you feel it’s right & appropriate. Only you know what makes you happy & satisfied in this world. Whatever you decide, you’ll know it’s the best . .
Paul | Homepage | 10.04.04 – 6:50 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Well, basically, there is NO career advancement in my line of work. We need to wait for our managers to retire in order to advance. Not unless, you job hop till you are the top person in your company. Thanks Andreas. Would do that.

Home grown grass means – to become a biz owner?

I don’t know Paul. I think I am money minded, yet I treasure the people I work together with. Life’s a bitch.
Gina | Homepage | 10.05.04 – 12:15 am | #

At the end of the day, you’ve got nothing to lose if you take up the new job…I’ve lost my chance working in a Bank. If they ever call me, I’ll take up the offer despite my uneasiness on the Manager, it’s the exposure I’m looking for.

Office politics is inevitable in every corporation…hence we have to learn and deal with it. We have no choice. This is how we climb the corporate ladder.

The choice is always yours, just remember whatever decision you make, you will not regret later.

All the best in deciding!! don’t think too much.
WY | 10.07.04 – 9:48 am | #

Popular Posts