CUT AT FIRST SIGHT


Fancy a Hair Cut?

When I told Shien, the Table Cloth, on what I am going to do today, -(gym, facial then hair cut), he genuinely offered to give me a haircut, for free.

For now, Shien is a salesman, selling some lubricants to manufacturing firms, I think.

He was the Monk’s English tuition teacher when we were back in secondary school. I didn’t know him then. (So you could guess how old is he now? Younger than antique, definitely)

Then, he meddled with the hair styling job for a couple of years. A few years before that, I don’t know what he did. He lived briefly in America once. If you tell me, he is one complicated fella, nevertheless interesting. Guess living different sets of lives or to put it in a nicer way, sampling lives to the fullest, made you rich in your spirit and soul.

He is the latest addition to the Ritual Friday’s supper gang. (Supper gang had not been having suppers due to the rainy weather).

When Shien set his eyes on me for the first time a couple of months ago, during supper with the gang, he felt a strong urge to cut my hair as he couldn’t stand women not having basic grooming ethics. Well, this is me, the slob.

I have this bad habit of not combing my hair properly when I go out. I loathed the fact that women need to make up before going out and spending tonnes of money and time painting their faces, getting manicures and pedicures, etc.

It was a hilarious moment that we sat in the balcony this afternoon, and he brought along all his hair styling kit, complete with aluminium foil for the highlight, and some potion to ensure that my hair is dyed properly. My hair has strong resistance towards color. See, not my fault, even my hair is genetically programmed to resist improvement.

Praying hard that I don’t look like an ex convict, (he told me to stop complaining and leave everything to him – I left everything to God), I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It is nice. Short, stylist and it’s highlighted in red.

I can’t wait to show it to my booze party friends tomorrow!


Booze Party For Ten

Comments

Backup comments said…
Was watching Queer eye for the straight guy last Saturday. Most impressed with the guy that always wants to makeover the other’ guy hair. Sending him for professional cut and manicure hehe. Well a friend tried to drag me to a unisex salon but no thanks. My Indian barber can still give a good cut plus only RM7 hehe
kervin chong | Homepage | 10.24.04 – 5:44 pm | #

hahaha.. reminds me of the time that i used to get my haircut at the balcony. used to get really cheap and sometimes free haircuts from my friend’s mom when i was still schooling

Cheers!!! :D
hyelbaine | Homepage | 10.24.04 – 6:36 pm | #

i really need a new haircut/style.

damn.
ryuu | 10.24.04 – 9:10 pm | #

i’ms getting a haircut this weekend too! hmnnn… i’m terrified of colouring my hair though.
CC | 10.25.04 – 10:30 am | #

Red colour, WOW. I just had my hair cut really short, now I also feel like colouring it, gatal lah
KML | 10.25.04 – 1:34 pm | #

ooooooooooo… I demand pics!!! Hehehe

You got the new adrian mole book as welL! Bishhhhhhhhhhhhh :P
Kat | Homepage | 10.25.04 – 10:33 pm | #

That’s alot of booze for 10 ppl! Sure you can handle ar? Need help or not?
mdmafia | Homepage | 10.26.04 – 5:02 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Kervin: You are like the Monk. He would only go to his usual house barber shop. A middle aged lady would cut his hair. He said it suit him A ok. The Monk said, Shien’s style is a tad too modern for him. Shien cut his hair too.

Baine: Yeah – my hair is cut by my aunt all along till now she is 62, and has bad eye sight, I guess I have to start paying.

Ryuu: Join our supper gang. Who knows? Shien might give you free hair cut (according to his mood)

CC: You should try coloring your hair. It would make your face glow! Red suits me fine!

KML: After you color your hair, will baby Jesse knows it’s you?? Heheh.

Kat: Would send you a pic soon. Today my office colleagues say I look smashing.

Mdm Mafia: Gimme your number. I include you in my next outing.
Gina | Homepage | 10.26.04 – 11:55 pm | #

Popular Posts