TWELVE SEN COMPANY

8.43 a.m.

Yawn. Am late to office these days. This is what happened to you when you pick up strange men in the internet till wee hours in the morning on working nights.

Unlike the first two weeks in my new job, I was always in office before 8 am. Office starts at 9.00 am. Colleagues will only throng in after 9.00 am. Disgruntled employees? Or maybe they are just ill-disciplined? Sugar said it is not nice to be that way. We must adhere to the working hours. Just can’t take things for granted. I think I agree with her. By the way, both of us are relatively new in the company. You know, the over enthusiastic type.

I was a struggling insurance salesperson the last two months when I quit my job at a well known public listed company due to differences between me and the bitchy boss (47 years old spinster). Crap. I forgone the lucrative ESOS (“Employee Share Option Scheme”). So instead of working for a RM3.40 average share priced company, I am now working for a 12 sen average share priced company.

Thank God for Mae for roping me in to assist her during the two trying months of being in the depth of despair (even if I am a pagan) (Related Stories: The Hung Man & Mistaken Identity). Guess blessings come in small miracles.

Since I am working full time now, I will be talking mainly about my job here. Hey, if you don’t like hearing this, don’t force yourself to read my blog. Hehehe.. so "lansi" now. (Translation: Stuck-up/Arrogant)

So now, I am here (12 sen company). Not much increment in salary if you tell me. Not even 10% and I have to drive additional 10 kms from my house and PAY for parking. But I am darn happy here. A lot of shit to do, yet I am happy. I am happy coz my colleagues are open minded and able to take my opinion for once. And most important thing of all, I am trusted and respected. Now I believe in the saying, “Behind every cloud, there is a silver lining.” It has renew my hope and set me going again.


Gina's Work Station

P/S Yeah. The stationaries and equipment are rather pathetic... but most imporant thing is.. I am DARN HAPPY.

Comments

Gina said…
That PC look ancient!
Ann | 07.12.04 – 2:45 pm | #

It is. Even before I sign my contract, I was thinking twice whether should I come here to work or not.
Gina | 07.13.04 – 12:03 am | #

Popular Posts