LOVE WANTED

Had a teh tarik session with Ann while waiting for the jam to subside as the entire KL was flooded.

We were talking about relationships and gossip about other people’s relationships, amongst other things.

The most common yet difficult question popped out.

What are the qualities you look for in your soul mate? I seriously still do not know what I wanted when it comes to choosing someone to spend the rest of my life with.

Then, Amy Tan’s captivating words in the Hundred Secret Senses permeated my mind.

“When I was with him, I felt as if a secret and better part of myself had finally been unleashed… with him, I laughed harder, thought more deeply, felt more passionately about life beyond my own cubbyhole. We could volley ideas back and forth like tennis pros. We wrestled in each other’s minds. We unearthed each others’ past with psychoanalytic gusto.” Page 60

“… I know what love is. It’s a trick on the brain, the adrenal glands releasing endorphins. It floods the cells that transmit worry and better sense, drowns them with biochemical bliss. You can know all these things about love, yet it remains irresistible, as beguiling as the floating arms of long sleep…” Page 252
Love, to me, is a state of mind.

Comments

Popular Posts