MY CICAK STORY


Blue Cicak - Courtesy from Lomoch "of lomoblography"

Well, I did say once on how I met my best buddy, Cynthia.

Lomoch, a sweet guy I met over the internet, showed me his blog on Cicak. It somehow reminded me that I haven't blog about how I met Ann.

We were in the same class for about one and a half semester, and I didn’t talk to her at all. Doing ICSA is this, you get different classmates almost every semester. Students taking different subjects, some students flunk their exams, some slept right through the semester (me! me! Me!), some did super fast like taking 7 subjects and flunked most of them, etc.

I always thought Ann was some stuck up b*tch. Hahahhaa. Coz, she projected herself as someone who was spoilt, rich, and probably the first few people with a mobile phone. (Ann: I use past tense here – so, all of them were assumptions only). Esprit mini tee, Levi’s jeans, high heels, etc. All branded and so darn showy.

I didn’t even bother to talk to her.. and also her gang. They belong to the noisy bunch. A big group with Paul, Vic, Soo and Soo’s ex gf who was the crème de la crème of the group – doing 5 subjects and passing all of them was a big feat then and it earned you admiration even from strangers.

One fine morning, La Crème asked me to join them for breakfast. What the heck? Well, probably I looked pathetic, so I was invited to join this elite group out of sympathy? I obliged quickly. I was a lone ranger then. Nomading from one group to another.

It somehow came naturally to me to strike a conversation with total strangers, as I could chat up anybody on the street, on the bus, on the internet, etc probably part of it due to my work experience in market research. Some friends even commented that I made friends not only from the people I dealt with everyday, I got to know people on the street while helping helpless people with car breakdown, giving directions up to the extent that I even traveled with them sometimes, being the yellow pages for some friends i.e. ranging from dogs to whether this company is worth going for an interview, what stocks to buy, what to take for insomia, free advice for the broken hearted (always standard answer though – leave that bastard!) , etc I think I am just plain resourceful?

Ok ok.. enough of me.

Ann was there. Quiet and giggly. She looked almost harmless, innocent and not even a quarter of the b*tch that I thought she would be. I started by telling them my cicak story which so happened the day before I had breakfast with them.

My Cicak Story

I like to make my milo piping hot. So I pour a freshly boiled water to 5 scoops of milo till the brim. Usually, I will just fill up about 9/10 piping hot water, then stir it quickly, then pour another 1/10 of lukewarm water in it.

When I finished pouring the hot water in my mug, a friend called and asked me to join her for dinner, not wanting to waste the milo, I put a lid on the mug. Worrying that the water will condense due to the steam and it will affect the “quality taste” of the milo, I lifted the lid a little for some air. So off I went with my friend.

Later, when I came home, I remembered my milo. I went to the kitchen to finish it. I was talking to my housemate when I took a big gulp.

I felt some solid particle in my mouth. Thinking it was only some left over milo particles which were not dissolve properly, I grumpily munched on the solid particle and found that it was a bit too rubbery to chew. I spat it back to the mug. It was a lizard, looking right up at me.

Disbelieved, I let out a silent scream. (I don’t know how it sounds, but it was silent, yet it was a scream).

I spit whatever that was left in my mouth and gargled clumsily. Much to my housemates’ amusement, they came to take a look at the sink. It was a dead lizard with a bite marks in between its neck. Obviously, Mr Rubber Stud here decided to go for a dip in a hot spring, and accidentally fell into a volvano.

So, there… I gained La Crème’s, Soo’s and Ann’s undivided attention. It somewhat broke the ice between us.

We talked briefly about the dead cicak’s untimely death and later, I asked whether any of them liked to chat in IRC (Internet Relay Chat). Ann was squealing with excitement like a little girl given the first Barbie Doll on her birthday (it is very easy to please this woman – haha!) and we never stopped talking ever since.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Yeah…… Now I remember that disgusting story!! Hahaha….
Ann | 07.29.04 – 11:05 am | #

Was I there? Darn yucky story! Kekekeke!!!!
Paul | 07.29.04 – 2:52 pm | #

No you were not there that morning to listen to her story. Yucky story over breakfast!!
Ann | 07.29.04 – 6:05 pm | #

Paul & Ann: I always have yucky stories to tell, anytime. Hehhehe.
Gina | 07.29.04 – 11:23 pm | #

Popular Posts