THREE AND A HALF FEET

Today at the doctor’s…

Doc: So, now we have taken your measurements – they are .. how should I put it..they are way.. way.. off …

Me: *Feeling sorry for myself*

Doc: I like my women to be imaginative…

Me: *thinking to self* (your women???)

#He meant those women who came to his clinic to seek slimming advice.

Doc: Your measurements now.. with the extra inches… from all over your body, if added up together, can come up to 3 and a half feet.

Me: *Jaw dropped*

I am freaking stressed up now. Chubby had lost 6 kgs todate. I am so sorry to have lost the bet to her – sorry fellow readers to have disappoint you! But, I am not going to give up now.

Doc prescribed only salads for dinner, juices (preferably celery or carrot) in the morning. Light sandwiches for lunch. (Man!! This is practically starving!! Christ!). Not a very bright idea to start dieting now since Chinese New Year is round the corner!

He said, I should eat like Westerners – meat in the middle, potato and salads by the side, instead of rice as the main course, and meat and vegetables by the side. And he said, rice is the food of third world country, because, poorer countries cannot afford meat, so they fill themselves up with carbohydrates.

He has his fascinating way of explaining things.

I almost wanted to ask him – Japanese eat rice too. But they live longer than anyone else in the Western countries where, obesity now is their endemic disease! But I chose to remain silent.

Now, as I am writing this, I had refrained myself from eating dinner. I am going to have an apple and some juices instead. It is a long, long, way to go… but I hope I could persevere.

I will be very depressed due to food deprivation, so.. I guess I won’t be blogging for awhile till I get the hang of it.

Temptations this week:-

Tomorrow – Curry sting ray in Sentul to celebrate CK’s birthday. I guess I could only eat the cucumber at side, used for dressing.

Sunday – Someone is twisting my arm to buy him claypot cheese crab in Tropicana. I guess I could only watch him eat.

Now now.. this is already getting really, REALLY depressing.

Comments

Backup comments said…
I don’t know how you are going to resist those temptations but I hope you find the willpower.
got curry sting ray infront of face but only eat the cucumber. thats damn hard.
yuin | Homepage | 01.14.06 – 1:29 am | #

Tell them to get you a dish of steamed stingray haha. And then tell your friend to buy the claypot cheese crab him/herself!! Then you don’t have to go bear witness. (btw claypot cheese crab??? Where where???)
Laynie | Homepage | 01.14.06 – 3:48 am | #

sigh. i told my fren (female) that my pants are getting tight.

and she go and think serong dunno how many hundreds of miles away. -_-

anyway, i said, it’s my waist! what are you think???
ryuu | 01.14.06 – 5:55 am | #

what are you thinking*

damn engrish.
ryuu | 01.14.06 – 5:56 am | #

discipline discpline…maybe u can lick the crab shell huh? health is important, remember!
takeshi is me | 01.14.06 – 9:52 am | #

Gee… this is so tormenting!! Why position yourself to be there and ‘not there’?

You are not in a quest to deal with temptation. Be merciful to your soul, please!
laymank | 01.14.06 – 10:46 pm | #
Backup comments said…
woooo…. cannot cannot. no more excuses d. 3.5 feet, u know how long is that? 0.5 feet shorter than my fish tank (ouch!)

Time to cut down lo, too much excuses d. Every day also got makan trip. Come on Gina, we are supporting you! It all depends on yourself only.
kampungkai | Homepage | 01.14.06 – 10:46 pm | #

Good luck with the programme.
Yuen Li | Homepage | 01.15.06 – 6:27 am | #

Gina, dont torture yourself. I can give u better alternative for dinner, boiled vege and egg. if not enough, add more egg. give it a try, ok?

Good luck ; )
Cumene | 01.15.06 – 3:19 pm | #

ohhh ginaa..i know its damn harddd..!!persevere my dear i knw u can do it!
yzzi | 01.15.06 – 8:28 pm | #

hmmmmmm…..3 and a half feet, that is 42 inches, 110 cm, 1.1 meter…

am getting dizzyyyyyyy
VJ | 01.16.06 – 4:40 pm | #

Dearest Fren

Foremost – Happy Lunar New Year 2006 … may this year bring you a lot of will-power and less calories. It is really tough to suppress the appetite that we are given … I recommend that you eat as normal (no excess please), but keep to a weight-watching regime – such as belly-dancing. I think you should start borrowing my CDs now – I charge only RM 3 per day per tape – good cost for a good cause, don’t you think?

Happy Lunar New Year!!
Ee Reen | 01.16.06 – 5:04 pm | #

I could not resist adding a point for motivation. I will get you the nice coin dancing belts if you sign up and keep to the courses for 6 months, at least. You can have the color of your choice. Real nice colors – believe me.
Ee Reen | 01.16.06 – 5:11 pm | #

Thank you, friends! Anyway, I am doing ok lah with my new diet regime. Not as depressed as I thought I would be..

Ee Reen: Thanks a million. Will get in touch with you soon for this! Any coin dancing belt in lilac?? Heh.
Gina | Homepage | 01.16.06 – 11:36 pm | #

Yes yes – lilac is available – I will get reserve one, in Size L, for you today … so, make sure you keep to that size, if you upgrade to be an XL, it will tear … so, another holding limitation to help you keep within your good and healthy “measure”. Happy week ahead!
Ee Reen | 01.17.06 – 9:27 am | #

Actually, Japanese live longer because of their diet of fish, seaweed and tofu. Good luck, anyway, Gina – I’m attempting a diet too and it’s failing miserably. =.=
Mei | Homepage | 01.19.06 – 4:50 pm | #

After visiting Japan, I know why, they have to walk fast, rush up and down in the massive subway station to catch the train..that’s their daily does of exercise.

I did not gain as much weight as I’d expected on a 2 weeks Foodie trip.
BTW carrot is not a dieter’s food, too much sugar.
cooknengr | Homepage | 01.24.06 – 11:03 pm | #

Popular Posts