REMEDY 101

My friends complained that I am always on leave. And they thought I was merely being a bum for abusing the medical leave. (What would you do if you have 20 days of annual leave per year? Use it lah, of course!)

On the contrary to what most of my friends think, I seldom take medical leave. Last year, I was on MC for only 3 days (I faked 2 of them – he he! I was simply too tired to go to work).

As the Chinese New Year is approaching, everyone tends to fall sick due to the weather – it is always unusually warm or due to one’s own gluttony – mandarin oranges being the main culprit, dried pork, pork floss, assorted cookies etc.

For me, it is a yearly sickness. Almost every Chinese New Year, I am plagued with high fever, terrible cough, runny nose, terrible sore throat, and subsequently loss of voice. This year, I vow not to let it happen as I am going to Bali early February.

I could feel that my body is heating up at this moment as I am writing this. For your info, I hardly take Mandarin Oranges. This year – I am going to eat less. So I hope, this would help me to curb the notorious annual sickness. Prevention is better than cure.

For the past few days, I had been downing Chinese herbs with rock honey to cool down my body temperature. One thing terrible about me is, I tend to get overly heated quite frequently. Even a bar of chocolate (50g) would send my hypothalamus glands into frenzy. (Yes – I am a hottie. Ha ha ha!)


Whenever I feel that I am going to get sick, I would definitely drink the concoction. I would also take Refresh – from a direct selling company, which consists of sophorae bean, shiitake mushrooms, mulberry leaves, lemon and asparagus. Works like a charm.

So today, I am sharing with you my remedy. I hope it works for you, too!

Hope you have a healthy Gong Xi Fa Cai! May the year of Dog brings you much happiness, love and prosperity.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Don’t forget to take a lot of fruits too. watermelon is good to cool down. Hope you don’t fall sick before your trip to bali.

Gong Hei Fatt Choy Gina!
yuin | Homepage | 01.22.06 – 11:10 pm | #

Plain water is still the best. But if you don’t like water, go for 100 Plus!
My house just stocked up 4 cartoons of 100 Plus for CNY…. :P
laymank | 01.22.06 – 11:35 pm | #

hi hottie…this chinese herb in the pic was herbs which i brought to my treks (in sachets tho).

u will hv the balinese men to cool u down ……hehehehe.
takeshimaya | 01.23.06 – 12:10 pm | #

take some vit C too, at least to boost your immune system. and hope you stay well to enjoy bali. btw, i get 30 days of medical leave *evil grin*

gong xi fa chai to you!
eternity | Homepage | 01.23.06 – 3:20 pm | #

When u r hot next time, take the gold-silver-flower + kam-chow, boil it for 30 mins, drink it while luke warm.
lawrence Yong | 01.23.06 – 5:10 pm | #

Yuin: Yeah! Touch wood!

Laymank: I drink water like a camel! Water alone is not enough. I guess 100 plus is also a good alternative.

takeshi: Yeah, I guess it works like a charm.

Eternity: 30 days?? You just give birth?

Lawrence: Wah.. wads that? Sounds quite complicated.
Gina | Homepage | 01.23.06 – 11:04 pm | #
Vincent Griffin said…
Hi nice reaading your blog

Popular Posts