SINGLY SUNDAY

The Phantom of the Opera

I haven’t watched a movie all by myself for awhile. I used to do that when I was over stressed back in college. I watched 3 movies alone in the week before the exams back then. Friends thought I was crazy.

Tonight happens to be one of those nights of being alone and not knowing what to do. Yes – I am stressed for no apparent reason... probably due to the annoying kids at home. I am staying in a house of the lunatics. A dozen of us. There is hardly a room to breathe. I need to get out.

Probably you guys would say, YEAH RIGHT! You have so many friends!

It's YEAH RIGHT, alright. With too many friends, I couldn’t even find a single person to watch a decent movie with me.

The movie: The Phantom of the Opera

Most of them think it’s a play. DUH.

Ann: When? How much?

Snow: Movie or Play?

CK: Where?

Rejections

Ann: I’m outside.

Snow: Am at Diana’s place for dinner. Can’t la. Sunday lah. Early night.

CK: Don’t feel like going.

Ms Lactose: Durian party tonight. Sorry.

I didn’t even bother to ask the Monk coz he would NEVER say yes whenever I asked him out. WY doesn’t freaking drive. I don’t think I am in the mood (like I always do) to fetch her all the way from Puchong to One Utama…and it would further add on to her mom's suspicion that I am a lesbian.

Oh.. screw it. Not everybody is as accommodating as I am. I am going alone. Like the good old college days.

Tonight. 11.30 pm. One Utama or Mid Valley. Haven’t decided.

Comments

Backup comments said…
I know what you mean :P I did that a lot this year. Everyone seems to be busy. It’s just like what I used to do when I was a student. History repeating itself this year for me.
Resurrected | Homepage | 12.19.04 – 9:42 pm | #

Sorry friend. I was doing groceries shopping with mum. But you told me 9.30pm. That’s why I can’t make it.
Ann | 12.20.04 – 1:15 am | #

normally i don’t feel like going out on sunday nights, coz monday is a working day..

was asked to go bar sa vanh earlier but then declined coz was tired + have to be at work early

guess that’s probably why it’s more difficult to get somebody to watch a movie on a sunday nite…
ryuu | 12.20.04 – 6:59 am | #

Gina….come….we go Rock World on New Year’s Eve…..lol
ahlian | 12.20.04 – 10:54 am | #

As we age, life tend to be lonelier especially if one is not attached. You should be grateful that you still have a bunch of friends to hang out with. A weekend or two spent alone is not that bad.

How was the movie BTW?
kayel | Homepage | 12.20.04 – 4:14 pm | #
Backup comments said…
dont feel so bad la gina. i cant even remember the last movie that i had watch and with whom. i guess its tough if you cant stand staying at home and at the same time, dont have anything to do.
victoria | 12.21.04 – 12:24 pm | #

Sorry, mates. Being a bitch, that’s all.

I didn’t watch it coz it was raining.. and I hate to get wet.. on the outside.. err.. oh, never mind.

Saw the thriller. It looks good. I even have the CD with me, the musical.

Thanks, Ah Lian. But I think my mates have things line up for me to do over x’mas and new year’s eve. Thanks anyway.
Gina | Homepage | 12.21.04 – 11:41 pm | #
Backup comments said…
gina, u r going thru “what next” syndrome, very dangerous u know, stay focus and settle down (tricky part)…seriously
VJ | 12.21.04 – 11:44 pm | #

Guess so, VJ. Dang! Gotta snap outta this soon.. or get a bf! Haha.
Gina | Homepage | 12.22.04 – 12:35 am | #

You mean trailer? :P
Mei | Homepage | 12.23.04 – 9:06 am | #

Yes – Mei. :P Hahaha. Thanks.
Gina | Homepage | 12.23.04 – 10:01 pm | #

Popular Posts