SCENT OF A WOMAN

Have you ever find yourself, at any point of time, a sniff of certain scents, reminds you of someone or something?

I am glad that my sensitive nose miraculously cured (since I came to KL - Thanks to the polluted dry and hot air) from sneezing in the morning or when the room is a little dusty. In fact, my mom sometimes used me as a detector at home to check if a room needs dusting.

Here are some of the scents, which reminded me of certain persons or events that add colors to my life.

Elizabeth Arden SunFlower

This is the first perfume I received as a birthday gift, given by Elena, a classmate from TAR College. Being 4 years older than the rest of the class, she was the leader of the truant pack. Instead of encouraging us to go for classes, we always ended up having pizzas in Alpha Angle, Setapak or the zoo, or anywhere else but college during Chemistry lab period. That is why I flunked Chemistry. Elena gave me the book Kama Sutra as a souvenir when she came back from visiting India. The last time I heard from her, she was heading to a place in Australia with her new found boyfriend, when at the same time, we learnt that there were two tourists being shot to death.

Elizabeth Arden Red Door

It was the perfume that the late grandmother of a good friend, Yin Shen wore. I still remembered she splash the perfume on her armpits lavishly. I taught her how to use the perfume in the correct way. A little dab on all the lymph nodes points. She had since passed on after a failed bypass operation by the same surgeon who operated on Dr M.


Clinique Happy

When I was 22, I wore this on my first movie with the Monk. He liked the smell. He wore a maroon shirt with khakis. We went for a movie: In God’s Hands in One Utama. Initially, he wanted to watch Jack Frost, but I insisted on this since there were going to be a lot of semi nude men with 6 packs abdomen. We didn’t know this movie was a documentary. He was gentleman enough not to curse me at the end of the movie.


Ralph Lauren Polo Sport

Second movie with the Monk. I almost choked him to death the moment I stepped into his car. We watched “Life is Beautiful”. Half of the time, we were too busy reading subtitles as the movie was entirely in Italian. That was the second and last time we ever went for a movie together. Probably this is part of the reason why we never go out for a movie again. I will ban this perfume from my list.


Chanel Cristalle

I went shopping with Snow for Mother’s Day gift. Snow bought Chanel No. 5 for her mom, while I get this as free sample.

Versace Baby Rose Jeans

Since all of us were still in college, we couldn’t afford expensive perfume. We had this friend who can get cheap perfume for us at a fraction of a cost. That was when I got this. Don’t know if it was from Petaling Street.

Others

Ambi Pur Pacific Air

I got my first car.

Lavender Aromatheraphy Oil

One of James’ stories on how a girl was trying to seduce him using this. He didn’t know lavender is actually to arouse one’s sexual desire – to reduce inhibition.

Sandalwood Joss Sticks

While waiting for my SPM results, I worked as a clinic nurse with this Indian doctor, who likes to burn joss sticks.

Dewberry bath shampoo

Days in TAR College. We always sample on economical bath foam. YY got us this really cheap and nice smelling bath foam to use. Only RM3.90 for 1 litre. The last time I took a sniff and reminded me of college, was in Concorde Hotel.
Announcement

I am banned from writing about the Monk as he said he felt uncomfortable to let the whole world know of my unrequited love for him. Out of respect for his humble wishes, I relented. So this is the last post that I would mention about our past. I have to learn to let go.

Comments

Backup comments said…
the monk is terrible!
ryuu | 12.18.04 – 6:46 pm | #

just kidding

yeah.. maybe it’s a bit uncomfortable to read about yourself in your fren’s blog.. so… just have to understand lor

will miss the stories though
ryuu | 12.18.04 – 6:47 pm | #

i only liked issey miyake..
ahlian | 12.19.04 – 1:54 am | #

i like issey miyake..
ahlian | 12.19.04 – 2:30 am | #
Backup comments said…
Ryuu: Naah. I am the one being terrible. Terribly clingy.

ahlian: Yeah. I like that too.
Gina | Homepage | 12.19.04 – 8:00 pm | #

I like lavender. Bwahahahahahah!!!!
james | Homepage | 12.20.04 – 12:39 pm | #

gina, you should try cool water for woman by davidoff. the smell is so fresh and it always puts me in a good mood. pleasures by estee lauder is also my favourite and it last the whole day. my sister’s favourite is anais anais by chacarel. i think it is a good scent as well and it smells classy.
victoria | 12.21.04 – 12:20 pm | #

James: Especially with a hint of mango?

Victoria: I have Davidoff Cool Water, Estee Lauder Intuition, Body Shop Pepper and Estee Lauder Dazzling Silver. Am thinking of getting Givenchy Irresistable.
Gina | Homepage | 12.21.04 – 11:31 pm | #

Clinique Happy Heart is sweet.
Ann | 12.22.04 – 1:37 pm | #

Popular Posts