JOB DESCRIPTION



I guess anyone who works in a Chinaman’s company would know what it is like.

A friend came to see me for supper last night, in the pretext of discussing our Johore and Singapore trip this weekend.

Two minutes into our conversation, she conveniently remembered an assignment given by her boss two days ago and chucked the entire manuscript on my lap.

She is an account executive in her company… and she had to draft legal agreements, do administrative work, hiring people, conducting interviews, doing budget, make sure the pantry does not run low on beverages, watering the plants…. etc. In Cantonese, they called it, One Leg Kick. (Do everything within AND out of your job description)

She is one helluva superwoman. If I were to set up my own company some day, she would be the first person I hire.

Over a glass of teh tarik and roti tisu (My help comes cheap), I helped her to draft (or rather, scribble) a pre-conditional terms before engaging a new security company. I am not a lawyer myself.. but I gave my best..

As I went through each of the conditions pre set by her boss, I thanked God quietly for my job now.

Conditions: (all in point forms)
(These are the terms I find acceptable)

(1) To designate two security personnel at all times; one in the morning and one at night.
(2) To rotate/alternate the security personnels every three months.
(2) Payment for services would be as follows:
Probationary first month: RM3.80 per hour
Second month: RM4.00 per hour should performance is found to be satisfactory.
(4) The security personnel who is on duty at night, is required to punch card every one hour as a security measure. (Ann commented that this is to ensure the guard doesn't fall asleep at night - This woman is a genius!)
(5) The security personnel is required to record the inflow and outflow of any vehicles to the factory premises.
(6) The security personnel is required to ensure the cleanliness of the main porch.

(These are the conditions I tried not to roll my eyes when I wrote them)

(7) The security personnel is required to maintain and tend to the garden (eg. Watering the plants twice a day)
(8) The security personnel is required to manage the evacuation of garbage in the disposal area whenever it is full.

(This is the one condition that made my jaw dropped)

(9) The security personnel is required to wash a lorry every night.

I wonder which security company would be desperate enough to take up this offer.... and all of us think our job is shitty.

Comments

Backup comments said…
ol.. a lorry? Gawd. These people are mad.

Anyway, RM4 per hour? Now that’s really shit.
Kat | Homepage | 12.10.04 – 12:10 am | #

Ain’t that sad, Kat? *lol* Imagine me laughing till my stomach hurts at the mamak stall.
Gina | Homepage | 12.10.04 – 9:33 pm | #
Backup comments said…
60.52.127.46
Submitted on 2007/06/17 at 1:34 pm

hhmm..i don’t know what to say. so can i enlist your help for future task such as this one?

Cheers!!! :D
hyelbaine | Homepage | 12.10.04 – 10:00 pm | #

“Ann commented that this is to ensure the guard doesn’t fall asleep at night – This woman is a genius!”

Erm… genius meh? Maybe Ann is speaking from experience?!? Waahahahhahahah!!!!!
james | Homepage | 12.10.04 – 10:38 pm | #

*blinks in disbelieve*
BawangMerah | Homepage | 12.10.04 – 11:54 pm | #

why not make it easier, check the yellow pages or internet, call few security firms, tell them to fax the standard engagement doc’s, modify a bit here and there, add few more conditions, if necessary. its done.

save teh tarik and roti tisu (no weight gain) hehehe

p/s clocking every one hour is a standard practice…someone is sleeping during working hours here!!!!!!!!..hehehehe
VJ | 12.11.04 – 3:18 am | #
Backup comments said…
Baine: No problem.

James: So do you, James. You always speak from experience. Hahahahah!

Bawang: I am in disbelief for a few days.

VJ: Probably the boss wanna save costs on fax papers as well. You know Chinaman.
Gina | Homepage | 12.11.04 – 6:38 pm | #

Chinaman will always b chinaman – want everything, but want it F.O.C !
Paul | 12.12.04 – 12:14 am | #

Love the pic and the story..Haha

Hustler | Homepage | 12.12.04 – 4:48 pm | #

My ex agency is located in the slums of Bangsar where there are rats, stray cats and rubbish dump in the backlane. Our Studio Head, who is a guy, was always forced to get rid of icky stuff.

One morning, we saw a used sanitary pad strewn across the roof, which is visible from our toilet window. Guess who did the dirty job? ROTF
mdmafia | Homepage | 12.13.04 – 1:51 pm | #

Paul: Tell me about it.

Hustler: Thanks. I painstakingly browse for pics in the net everytime. Heheh.

Mdm: Serious shit?? Wah Lao Eh.
Gina | Homepage | 12.14.04 – 11:28 pm | #

Popular Posts