PERHENTIAN TRIP: POST MORTEM I - THE GREAT EXPECTATION

Yeah, I know some friends are excited for some juicy details about my trip with three men. Nope – it was not five as two of them, LB and Ah Ming were missing in action on that night itself, perhaps the business trip really turned into a whoring trip.

We drove there alright. In my kenari. Unbelievably this small car can travel 1,200 km (to and fro from KL to Kuala Besut), carrying 4 huge people (okay – Kit is not huge, the rest of us are) without much hitch. Also, it was able to reach a speed of 140 km per hour! Amazing. Don’t be too sure as yet.. Probably will burn a hole in my pocket end of this week when I take it for service. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

To spare you from boredom reading miniscule details of the trip in a narrative form, I will keep it short (err.. not so short), sarcastic and sweet.

Friday, 6 August 2004, On the highway

11.59 p.m.

The Monk: God, this sore throat is killing me.

Self: You didn’t take any medicine?

The Monk: I did. No effect also.

Self: Do you want to try using my saliva? I am sure it will be of a great help. *pushing my luck*

The Monk: No, thanks. I would rather die of serious throat infection.

Saturday, 7 August 2004 Still on the highway

2.05 a.m.

Koon: Are you okay, Gina? If you need to take a break, tell us.

*Woke up from sleeping with my eyes open*

Self: Can you drive if I don’t? *sarcasm*

Koon knows how to but he hardly drives. The two other boys were snoring away.

2.20 a.m. Reached Kuantan. Supper at some place in the middle of the town where all the waiters wear nice shirts as if they are going to office to work.

The Monk: This is madness. Why are you doing it at 140 km per hour?? We are now too early.

Self: It’s a highway. And it’s empty. DUH.

On the trunk road from Kuantan to Paka

4.15 a.m.


The Monk: You know Buddism.. blah blah blah.. blah. (he talked for about an hour on this topic)

Self: Can we stop at a petrol station please? I gotta pee.

5.30 a.m.

Passing by gas processing plants in Kerteh where fire and lights could be seen decorating the dark blue sky.


Gas Processing Plant


Gas Processing Plant II


The four of us in the car went .. Auww.. Woah.. Auwww.. it was a beautiful sight to behold.

Self: Can you please stop the car? We can take pictures here.

The Monk: No.. I am not stopping in the middle of the road for you to take pics. It’s dangerous here.

Self: You said we were too early?? We have so much time to spare. Stop the car!

The Monk: No. Not when I am driving.

Koon: Stop the car lah. Can take nice pictures here mah.

The Monk: If you like it so much, I will buy you postcards.

I ended up sulking all the way throughout Kerteh.

In the middle of nowhere, at some BP Petrol station, taking a leak.

6. 11 a.m.


Self: Where the hell are we?

Monk: Dunno. Kit, it's your turn to drive!

The Monk and I hopped into the backseat and slept.

In between dreams and subconscious ness, I heard them talking:

Kit: Are you sure we didn’t miss the turning?

Koon: I thought LB said that we must go straight till we see the bridge?

Kit: But the signboard says, Jetty – Perhentian.

Koon: Never mind. Just go straight and follow the road sign.

Kit: Hey, you sure or not?

Koon: Follow the road sign lah.

At this point, both of them were squabbling like old couples arguing over misplaced dentures.

I sms-ed Ann and Wai Ye and told them, we were lost.

Ann: What? You entrusted your car to those two morons? Why are you going to Kelantan? Thought Perhentian is in Terengganu?

*Alarmed*

Wai Ye: Good luck!

6.55 a.m. In the middle of nowhere.

Self: Why are we in the middle of a padi field?

Monk: Where is the sea? I can’t see any sea?

Koon: Just go straight and follow the road sign.

Kit: He kept on repeating this like a parrot!

7.15 a.m.

Finally… Kuala Besut.


Four: Hurray!

Checking out places to stay and to our dismay, most of the hotels, resorts, chalets were fully booked.

Contemplating on whether to hop into the speed boat and hop from one resort after another.

You can try your luck here.” The boat operator offering advice. Pointing at the long stretch of beach on Perhentian Kechil. “Usually they don’t take reservations. They prefer to take in walk-in people as the Mat Sallehs always do that. Walk in

Koon is not the only moron afterall. The whites too.

8.45 a.m. In the ass banging/ balls cracking speed boat.

There were only 4 Chinese in the boat – us.

10.15 a.m.

After a frantic search all over long beach, we found a ramshackle chalet available in Lily’s chalet.

To be continued….

Some pics to entertain you people.


Sunset over Lily’s Chalet


Early Sunday Morning


Nostalgia

Related Stories: Post Mortem - Conclusion, Post Mortem III, Post Mortem II, Ignorance is Bliss, Office Abuse of E-mails, Ain't Love Grand?, Perhentian Trip: Preparation, Supper Gang: Revealed, Dream Interpreter, I dreamt of Absolut Vodka ,Supper Talk

Comments

Backup comments said…
I just realised we the supper gang are as open as the zoo animal in this website (Ooo, we are cheaper than, at least those who want to see got to pay). Gee, Koon told me in the phone “how can she be so detailed in telling our stuff?” and yet asking the Monk “send me the url” (demented can be curious too). So far, I have not received Kit’s reaction but surely he has not expected we are damn popular now for having done so much kinky work with this freak trip combination.
The Monk | 08.11.04 – 1:37 am | #

Hey sweetie. You are alive!!! Hope you had fun, which I’m sure you did. Talk soon. Muaxx
Kat | Homepage | 08.11.04 – 4:48 am | #

KY, your bird should not have much problems running it at 140Km/h. When I had a trip to Ipoh with my fish last year, I manage to hit 150Km/h with it. When I have a car routine service with it, erm I can say is not that much to service at all apart from those normal oil change etc etc. This is provided you burn in your bird’s engine properly when you 1st purchase it.

Some information:- bird = Kenari
fish = Kelisa
JJ | Homepage | 08.11.04 – 11:04 am | #

You fellas really remind me when I was younger. Crazy but amazing! I am laughing while writing this but can’t roll on the floor as still in the office. Missed those times – watching the sunrise while some idiot was looking for a mechanic *one of the cars gave way*. Can’t wait to read more . .
Paul | 08.11.04 – 11:45 am | #

The Monk: As if people KNOW who the Supper Gang consist of. Pls lah. Only famous in nicknames’ context. In real life, nobody gives a damn. Hahahha. Probably I give a damn about you, that is why I blog mostly about you. :p

Hi, Kat! Your accident prone brother is back with the Satanic Book? Hehe

JJ: I keep my bird in tip top condition travelling to Puchong most of the time to send your pain-in-the-ass sister home.

Paul: You ain’t that old yet. Still can join the band wagon and be demented. Hehe.
Gina | Homepage | 08.12.04 – 1:07 am | #

huh? romance revealed? oh no!

watch this space!
ryuu | 08.13.04 – 3:18 am | #

Sorry to disappoint you, Ryuu.
Gina | Homepage | 08.15.04 – 7:06 pm | #

Popular Posts