CHINESE TEA AND MR CURLY

One piece of advice for people who goes for yum cha sessions: Never ever go to Chinese restaurant for supper at night. I am now insomniac due to overdose of Chinese Tea.

I have an hour more to sleep before I haul my ass to pick up two friends arriving from Johore to celebrate their Merdeka weekend here in KL. One of them work in Singapore. Patriotic eh?

There is a new addition to the Supper Gang: Mr Curly.

The supper gang were all from the same class, except yours truly. They were from the accounting cum additional math class while I was in science.

Mr Curly and myself had a little incident when we were back in Form 5 which made us stopped talking to each other for years.

I was 16, and he was 17 when this happened.

We took the same tuition class in Kasturi for SPM the fateful year. Since both of us were staying in the same residential area (still are), we made a pack to go home together. It was all okay till one fine day, due to my carefree nature and his ignorance, the news of me, having hots for him became the sizzling topic in school.

I accidentally held his hands when we were crossing the busy road in Petaling Street. It was merely an unconscious voluntary reaction on my part and involuntary reaction on his part. He was shocked that he actually stood frozen in the middle of the road. If I didn’t shout at him to move his ass from the middle of the road, he wouldn’t live long enough to see us for supper today.

Self: Eh! Sorry ah! I thought you were one of the girls!

Mr Curly: …….

I went to great extent to explaining myself. If you don’t believe me, thinking I was trying to molest him, please! I wouldn’t touch him with a ten feet pole! I swear! Ask Ann. I always held her hands whenever we cross the road to morning breakfast!

I didn’t know what he was trying to do – maybe nak tumpang glamour? (Translation: Piggy back on my glamour as I was quite popular in school at that point of time – not in the sense of being drop dead gorgeous, I was just plain brainy – ahem!)

It was then, the Monk came to my classroom and dropped the bomb. I was so furious with Mr Curly and refused to listen to his explanation and we haven’t talked since.

He was uncomfortable when the Monk teased him again last week during supper when I was not around. (I was in the Organic farm with six spinsters).

Just now, when we were talking about old times – he said he thought I went to this Selayang school only when I was in Form 5. I started schooling there in Form 2. I didn’t know a person of my size could be invisible in school – I take that as a compliment.

He kept on insisting that he didn’t notice me till we were in Form 5. Sensing his tinge of uneasiness, I said, “Yeah! Of coz you only notice me when we were in Form 5. I held your hands when we went tuition together. Remember??”

Then, the whole gang roared with laughter at this remark. The coast is clear now. The Supper Gang is planning for a Malacca trip in two weeks time – with Mr Curly as the driver.

Comments

Backup comments said…
oh my.. 28 years old and still friends..*sniff* i wish it will happen for me too

I just finished form5 last year

Nice to know there are such nice friendships around
jolene | Homepage | 08.28.04 – 9:35 am | #

Yes, Jolene. You tend to meet all kinds of people in your walk of life. Whoever they are, just don’t take them for granted. Treat them as if you will never see them again tomorrow. This way, you will tend to retain friendships throughout your life.
Gina | Homepage | 08.28.04 – 12:41 pm | #

*sniff*.. insightful yes i will. if it wasn’t for my friends, .. life would not be fun, eh?
jolene | Homepage | 08.28.04 – 2:38 pm | #

got a mug shot of mr curly ah??
Ann | 08.28.04 – 10:47 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Hey Gina, you should make a smug shot of the Curly as requested. The curousity is growing. I think he will not mind that and seems to be happy to join us as he prefers single gang with demented taste (Well, he has the same smell too).
The Monk | 08.29.04 – 7:56 pm | #

What smell? I know I smell nice. I know all of you don’t smell. He stinks?

Uhm. One day, Ann. One fine day.
Gina | Homepage | 08.29.04 – 8:18 pm | #

Hope we’ll get to view a smug shot of a person called Curly soon . . not one fine day as these days aren’t fine at all . . keke !!
Paul | 08.30.04 – 11:00 am | #

Popular Posts