FISHY MONDAY

23.08.2004
1.08 pm
Office


Didn’t go out for lunch today. I am looking for something productive to do – like reading a book during lunch rather than wasting time talking frivolously. It is a bad habit to talk about other people’s shortcomings – don’t we all?

I have not been out for lunch for the past two weeks, much to Sugar’s dismay. Everybody wanted me as lunch mate coz I entertain them. Not that I am so full of myself - I could just whipped something funny to say out of thin air. It is a shame I am not a stand-up comedian. Should think of becoming one as a part time job rather than selling insurance – you get a lot of shit from people. Discounts, discounts, discounts - Do I look like the auntie selling bras and panties in pasar malam to you?? Even if I made it to the Million Dollar Round Table, I will still be a million dollar poorer. Everything is discounted.

Sorry, a bit edgy today.

It’s Monday. My tea lady in the office – Madam V, who makes kick-ass Nescafe, was so disturbed this morning on the way to work – witnessing a freak accident in Jalan Ampang. A Chinese lady was lying down on the road, apparently, knocked down by a motorcycle.

Back in office, the two gold fish belonging to the MD’s secretary, Ms Baboon, died as the electricity was cut off during the weekend. This genius left the aquarium with the decaying bodies of the bloated fish in the toilet basin which obviously do not need any assistance in adding fishy smell to the place.

All the electric panels in the pantry and lights in the toilet were not working this morning and the Head of Card Centre Department was grumbling having to grope in the dark to take a leak.

Black Monday? I guess so. Hope yours ain’t that bad.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Fishy Monday should be better than Spooky Monday?
Ann | 08.26.04 – 2:21 pm | #

I guess so. Else I won’t be sleeping at all for a few weeks. You know I am chicken shit.
Gina | Homepage | 08.26.04 – 9:22 pm | #

Popular Posts