THE LAUNCH OF THE MILLENNIUM

7.42 a.m.
Office


Was about to sms a buddy, James, to wish him good luck for today’s business presentation and also to check out how his pregnant wife is doing.

He sms-ed me instead: Standby for launch! Today is the day!!

Woah…. Speak of the devil! Choy! Choy! I mean, Praise the Lord!

Like my friends always say, if you want to spread news, be it birthdays, weddings, change of phone numbers, etc just tell Gina. She would tell the whole world. *Jeng Jeng Jeng* Not to worry. I spread only the ethical stuffs.

I sms-ed Pilot Boy, Ann, Shine and Wai Ye, the old #Marquis gang which used to hang out together.

Pilot Boy: Hehe, launch already or not? Am on the way to the airport. Hope to hear good news soon.

So, Baby Jesse is a Virgo. My favorite starsign. Most of my ex boyfriends are virgos (We parted amicably). I will get along very well with Baby Jesse! Erm.. ain’t no paedophile. Didn’t mean that.

That is IF James even let me go near him as I am such a bad influence. I am cynical, blunt and what he can’t stand about me most - I am a wet blanket.
The first time we met 6½ years ago:

James: Hi.

Self: Shit! You look like my dead uncle!

When we surveyed for ideas to renovate his condominium at a friend’s house:

James: I love that wooden flooring!

Self: Termites!

When he showed me his condominium (the one with a pool looking more like a septic tank rather than a swimming pool – with a dead frog to boot):

James: At least it’s airy here.

Self: Probably that is the only consolation of staying here.

He was about to throw me off the 10th floor if Mae didn’t stop him.
I would probably influence Baby Jesse to be like me and wetting the blanket as well. (This one no need to teach - all babies do that.)

I am keeping my fingers crossed and pray for safe delivery for both mom and son. And hope daddy James doesn’t slip into comatose after witnessing the bloody event (Pun intended).

#Marquis – one of the many IRC channels in Dalnet, now defunct.
Update:

There is a new kid in town. Our little boy, Jesse Tan, all 3 kgs worth, landed on Earth this afternoon! -James & Mae

Comments

Backup comments said…
Hurray!!!!!!!!
Ann | 08.26.04 – 9:20 pm | #

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYY!
Mei | Homepage | 08.26.04 – 9:44 pm | #

lol!!congrats to james and mae!!!baby jesse is finally here. that was some long nine months..!
jolene | Homepage | 08.26.04 – 10:19 pm | #

Congrats to both of you

Jordan | Homepage | 08.26.04 – 11:14 pm | #

Congrats to James and Mei!! 3 kgs? Hefty little fella…

Gina, you’re going to have to pick up the slack for a while since James may be too busy to blog… so put up some pics of baby Jesse already!
Sashi | Homepage | 08.27.04 – 12:12 pm | #

I meant James and Mae, of course.. :P
Sashi | Homepage | 08.27.04 – 12:12 pm | #
Backup comments said…
landed dy meh? I thought i was just browsing through and it sed it’s Friday noon or somethin..

hehe, btw, if you know how i got to ur blog, it’s thru loopymeals. I followed that first and then urs. Talk about the wonders of blog-hopping. Doesn’t make u my second-class blogitizen tho, I take pleasure to read them all.

p/s: i think i’ve hopped into #marquis before, eons ago, u know IRC times (no longer now, with all that messenger thingy around, hoho!)
jonnie | 08.27.04 – 12:55 pm | #

Hello people. The Bible says in Genesis…In the beginning, God created light and darkness…

James is light, and I am darkness.

He created his blog, then he created mine. Hahaha.

I haven’t seen such excitement in welcoming a baby before in my life – this involved the entire bloggers community.. kinda cool eh?

Sashi – there is a pic of Mae and James somewhere in the blog – go figure!

Jonnie is #marquis? I hope we didn’t treat you too harsh!
Gina | Homepage | 08.28.04 – 4:41 am | #

cont/…

Sashi: You don’t worry about the slack. James is addicted to blogging.
Gina | Homepage | 08.28.04 – 4:45 am | #

Hey channel mistress, I miss #Marquis!! Those were the days eh?
Ann | 08.28.04 – 10:52 pm | #

As much as we wanted to re-live it, Ann. I don’t think so. It was a good memory, though.
Gina | Homepage | 08.29.04 – 8:19 pm | #

Popular Posts