YULETIDE IN KUALA LUMPUR









I dreaded the thought that everyone gets to post pictures of Christmas trees, celebrations and snow, etc on their blog but not me. For the past two weeks, Mr Ixus II had not been feeling well and was sent to the care center for observation. I felt so empty without him. Whenever I walked past a Christmas tree or decoration, I had to make do by merely capturing the beautiful moments in my mind.

Sadly, poor Mr Ixus II is beyond repair due to the prevailing CCD problems for certain models of camera manufactured between 2002 and 2004. Since there were no spare parts for Mr Ixus II, they replaced him with Mr Ixus50 instead. I still miss my old Mr Ixus II as he has been my faithful travel companion for 1 year 8 months and 7 days.

We were like peas and pods. Everyone always see us together and envy our closeness. Mr Ixus II never disappoints till the CCD problem. Sometimes good things are not meant to last forever. Farewell, Mr Ixus II. You will be tremendously missed. Hope that Mr Ixus50 will live up to my expectations and I will continue to take pictures in fond memories of you.

I thought I would never have the chance to capture the beautiful Bintang Walk during Christmas. I haven’t been here for a long time, if not for the Japanese classes that I am attending.

I just love the whole stretch of the entire scenario of merry making, the lights, decos, couples walking hand-in-hand, candle lit dinners, street artists etc. You feel as if you are taking a stroll along the streets of a foreign metropolitan. I guess it would be complete if there were clowns distributing balloons on the street to the kids or stalls selling pink soft cotton candy. Datuk YTL has indeed done a great job in revamping the entire stretch.

Well… I am trying to get used to Mr Ixus50 here.. so bear with me.

P.S. I want to thank Canon for their remarkable service!

Last Year's Christmas post

The Spirit of Christmas

Comments

Backup comments said…
Hi there! Merry Christmas!
Yuen Li | Homepage | 12.24.05 – 9:07 am | #

u din meet santa? oh yeah, santa presented u the ixus yeah?
archie | 12.24.05 – 10:51 am | #

Have a lovely, fun and cozy festive weekend there! May there be many many happy returns in this merry season.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Cheers!
Joe C | Homepage | 12.24.05 – 2:04 pm | #

Nice photos

Merry Xmas
Jee | Homepage | 12.24.05 – 4:46 pm | #

merry xmas
foodcrazee | 12.26.05 – 12:54 pm | #

Hi Yuen Li! Merry Christmas.

archie: Not really, it was a person in a black t shirt and pants – my mafia brother!

joeC: same to you! Merry Christmas!

Jee: Thanks. Merry Christmas.

foodcrazee: Merry Christmas!
Gina | Homepage | 12.28.05 – 9:47 pm | #

Popular Posts