WISHFUL THINKING

Sempena Christmas....

I am a total idiot. Last Saturday, I didn’t know why but I felt lucky. So I went to buy 4D. (Before you guys think that I am a serial gambler, I don’t usually buy 4D. Only on Chinese New Year or whenever I go back to Taiping).

I thought of a number – 2634. This number appeared in my mind since I booked the trips via Air Asia on Wednesday. It was a number of my traveling buddies for next year trips.

This is how the number is derived – 2 pax going to Bali in February, 6 pax for Phnom Penh in April, 3 pax for Siem Reap in July and 4 pax for Kota Kinabalu in September.

At the same time, I had a dream of another number, which I cannot recall properly. Not wanting to take chances, I went to buy Magnum, Toto and also Da Ma Cai all at one go.

The problem is, I bet the numbers that I dreamt of and also the traveling numbers at Magnum but I only bet the numbers that I dreamt of in Toto and Da Ma Cai. Since I am buying so many numbers at one go, I bet both 2634 and 4362 in Magnum only. Little did I know, 4362 came up first in Toto Saturday draw!! Wah.. I was kicking myself in the shin when I saw the number on Sunday newspaper.

Wah lau yeh.

I asked my dad how much would I get if I were to buy Toto at RM1 each. He said, I should get RM6,000 for every RM1 I bet if I strike first prize. I was a bit pissed off that the intended RM6,000 just went away like this. I could have all my trips next year fully paid by Tan Sri Vincent Tan!!

Not enough that I had whined to Ed and WY on Sunday, yesterday morning, I was whining incessantly (again) to Ann that I missed out buying that number in Toto. She told me to stop it and shut the hell up. I guess, the only thing I could do now is to let some wishful thinking humor me. Shucks.

If I were to bet RM100/- on 4362 – I would strike RM600,000/-. What am I going to do with my RM600,000?

- To buy a house with cash for my mother
- To quit my job instantly and travel to Europe for 3 months with a companion (fully sponsored)
- To start my own business
- To sponsor a child in Africa/Cambodia
- Go for slimming courses so that I don’t have to lose RM100 to Chubby
- To pay for my brother’s wedding expenses next March

If only… sigh.

P.S. I just gave someone a number to buy for today. In return, if she kena, she is going to buy me slimming course! Ha ha!

P.S.S. 2346 was Sekinchan Boy's car number plate... 4362 is just one of the many permutations. Is there a secret meaning? Were we brothers in past lives?

Comments

Backup comments said…
u + Sekinchan r sure BROTHERS…….hehehe.

if u hv strong premonition feelings, u sud hv bet on each of those permutations… just 16 combinations that is……..hehehe!
archie | 12.14.05 – 2:05 am | #

oie, dun gatal gatal and gamble some more liao, thats where the trap is, but yes, very the wahlau indeed, wasted… i should buy it too bwhahahaha…. on well, another time perhaps. Cheers!
JoeC | Homepage | 12.14.05 – 10:57 am | #

Archie: Wish things were that simple.

JoeC: Too late. I had just blown some RM100 over a number that I dreamt off. Sigh.
Gina | Homepage | 12.15.05 – 12:01 am | #

Popular Posts