FAT CHANCE

My idea of a balanced diet

A few weeks ago, my ex boss (the one with reservoir of rich and eligible men) text me to listen to Gutsy Girl over the radio…

Ex-boss: Eh?? Did you see Gutsy Girl’s latest pic in the advertisement?? Listen to Mix.FM now. She is on air!

Me: Her English is so jia lat. I think I could be a better spokesperson to represent their slimming center. They should have hired her an English tutor before going on air!! Or they should hire ME!!

Ex-boss: Sour grape.

Chubby had started her slimming course and she successfully lost 2.5 kgs in 2 sessions! Congratulations! Throw confetti! (Throw 3-in-1 Kungfu Girl’s dagger as well.. sour grape). I, on the other hand, turn purple whenever there is a weighing scale in sight.

Have been pigging out again. Sigh. What else is new? To summarized, these are the stuffs that went through my digestive system today:

- Egg sandwich and coffee for breakfast
- For lunch, nice and cheap vegetarian mee hoon with fake char siew, fake siew ngor, curry cabbage and mushrooms
- For lunch also, a TINY packet of nasi lemak (RM1) from HR Manager
- A bar of alcoholic orange chocolate from Spinster Colleague*
- For late dinner, a cup of hot chocolate at Starbucks and bread from Bread Story after my Japanese class.

* I saved it for Japanese class to share it with my classmates.
**From the way things are going.. I guess I had to change job to go on a diet.

Total calories count today: 545,454 kcal

And for the remaining eat-drink-be-merry month of December:-

- this Sunday, Chubby and my ex boss are buying me buffet lunch as they had just gotten a handsome pay raise. Chubby swears she would only take salad, without the dressing (see first lah)
- ex colleague’s wedding on 16 December
- my boss, Sugar’s house warming (and also match making) party on 17 December
- For Christmas – a short trip to Tanjung Sepat, Johor and Singapore to see a friend who will be giving birth and catching up old times with Louis Macho in Singapore
- Sekinchan Boy offered to buy me dinner because he won a RM500 cash over a competition held in his office

Kinda regretted it for starting this challenge in the months filled with festivities – November to March – Hari Raya, Deepavali, Christmas and Chinese New Year all rolled into one like an extra large California roll. Chubby: Can we organize a rematch? * Getting desperate*

Chubby is now on a liquid and fruit diet. I told her, she actually doesn’t need to pay RM5,000 to lose weight. Who wouldn’t slim down if your diet consists of only soup and fruits? (Sour grape again)

I have yet to get my juice blender. I had my berries smoothie yesterday at One Utama while watching Constant Gardener … after a scrumptious dinner of beta-carotene fried rice at some organic shop recommended by Ed.

Gosh… I think I had to soak myself in slimming lotion to burn my fat away this weekend or to be more drastic – have marathon sex. Wishful thinking.

A Glutton Queen on diet? Fat chance.

Comments

Backup comments said…
sighh……giving up so soon?

gosh……… dissapointed.

not gonna talk to u again…….hehe.
Archie | 12.02.05 – 12:23 am | #

i’m joining archie, dunwan talk to u d. hmph!

eh b4 we go silent, that constant gardener movie worth watching? I went for HPotter at GoldClass yesterday, the seats damnnnnnnn syok haha! but too many cut scenes! And Cho Chang only appeared for 15 secs, dissapointed!
kampungkai | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 12:46 am | #

hey don’t give up just yet. im planning to start a fitness journal soon (right after i pass up this pain in the ass 10000 word paper). we can do this together, yes xmas dinners parties and all!
kimberlycun | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 1:19 am | #

actually rite… going on a diet to lose weight is not necessarily a good thing.

see, if u eat much much lesser than usual, your body will think that u’re in “danger” of some sort – the same kind of situation where animals go through winter. as a result the defenses will kick in and metabolism rate (the rate your body burns the calories) will drop. so, if u cut down on food and metabolism drops, there’s no difference. see, if u take in 1200 kcal daily, and burns 800, if you cut it down to 600 and your metabolism drops to 300, it makes not much difference.. and it’s worse because if you stop your diet and take in 1200 again, your metabolism stays at 300, which means u’ll get weight even faster.

i think the best way is doing 3 things at the same time:
i) maintain a healthy calory intake for your lifestyle (this u have to research), at the same time cutting down on saturated fat, and eating lots of healthy food (like fruits, wheat etc etc, which can taste equally as nice). at the same time, allow yourself to eat “nice food” once in a while, don’t stress yourself out not to take it, because then it’ll turn into a mental game. don’t be too strict with yourself at once.
ii) start maintaining an active lifestyle, start doing exercise regularly and find ways to *enjoy* them. join or learn something new, like dance, martial arts.. anything that makes u sweat. from what i read so far.. u lose weight by doing cardio.. so anything that makes u sweat would be good.
iii) have a healthy mental attitude towards losing weight. if you’re already stressing yourself out by saying to yourself “I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT”, it gives you a bad mental image of yourself. try thinking “having a healthy body will be beneficial for me, because then i will have a healthy mind and body”.
ryuu | 12.02.05 – 1:41 am | #

oh, and i also read that losing weight is basically a math game. burn more than what u take in, and u’ll lose weight. of course, be careful in reducing the intake, because of the bodily defense thing i was talking about.

it’s like saving money, use less than what u earn.
ryuu | 12.02.05 – 1:44 am | #

Total calories count today: 545,454 kcal???
you’re kidding right? but that’s like over 200x the basal caloric needs.
Vagus | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 8:27 am | #
Backup comments said…
gotta ask yourself, want does this means to you? is it worth it? what plus points that you should go for it?

hey, you are the driver, to McD or Gym. cheers!
JoeC | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 11:33 am | #

Hey Gina,

I’d go for the marathon sex if i were you. Hehehe…
Poison | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 6:47 pm | #

It is best to lose weight the healthy way. It’s unhealthy to be overweight because we’ll be susceptible to all sorts of diseases. Willpower and self-discipline are important. Losing weight and maintaining it at a healthy range is a life-long process.
XYZ | 12.02.05 – 10:32 pm | #

I once went on a backpacking holiday of a few months and when I got back, I had lost 10 kg.
viewtru | Homepage | 12.02.05 – 10:59 pm | #

i saw this show here.. the biggest loser.. my god.. these ppl lose like nearly half their weight! from 360 pounds to 180 pounds.. tsk tsk… that’s for guys la… for girls it’s around 220 to 120 or something

so yes, it IS possible.
ryuu | 12.03.05 – 3:19 am | #

Keatix: Who says I am giving up leh? This ugly duckling is still paddling like mad under the water. Eh!

Ah Kai: Constant Gardener is a SLOW movie, but it is an eye opener to how the advanced nation treat the poorer nations like guinea pigs. Quite a sad show. Ok, you can stop talking to me. Ha ha.

Kim: Just feel that I am a loser now lah. Anyway, Ryuu is right. I read all about yo-yo diet. People eat turkey, we eat the salad by the side?? I can’t imagine..

Ryuu: Thanks for the tip. I guess Fit for Life is also a good book to read, if you are interested.

Vagus: Of coz I am kidding. Or else I would end up at the coroner’s table!

JoeC: Yes, master.. Heh eh.. The chicken foldover in McD is nice..

Poison: Oh yeah!!

XYZ: Di da di da..

viewtru: You had marathon sex while backpacking?

Ryuu: Thanks again! You are very sweet.
Gina | Homepage | 12.03.05 – 8:00 am | #

No more food after Japanese class!
Ann | 12.03.05 – 8:51 am | #

Ann: We have yet to sample the Thai food as recommended by Mr K leh..
Gina | Homepage | 12.03.05 – 9:23 am | #

=.=
ryuu | 12.03.05 – 9:36 am | #

u sounds so down ! relax and just enjoy our short life on earth
foodcrazee | 12.03.05 – 12:28 pm | #

no, this comment is meant for this post.
perry | 12.07.05 – 9:46 pm | #

foodcrazee: I am ok lah. Just damn fed up that everyone think slim/thin is good.
Gina | Homepage | 12.13.05 – 9:18 pm | #

Popular Posts