HITCH HIKING

My Ferrari (when it’s fast) aka Kenari (when it’s slow) would be out of action for two weeks…. Two weeks!!!! And now only, my prospects started calling me non stop for insurance advice. The law of ironic relativity? Do you notice that when you are short of something, people would insist on having that something. Or when you overtake a car to the right lane, then the left lane traffic start to be flow smoothly.

After the accident, I was already at my wits end to remain as mobile as I could. First of all, I need to get myself to my training center on Tuesday. The inevitable would be taking a cab as the place is quite isolated and totally out of civilization. I happily accepted the next door’s agency assistant’s ride to office on Tuesday morning.

It was a two-door Honda Civic, fully modified to imitate Jay Chou’s racing car of the famed Initial-D. Yes, the husband is an Ah Beng. But, there is no "DOHC" letters plastered all over the car. It is still a pretty decent car from the outside, with bright red colored seats inside. Hhmph.. cool.

Having met with accident only the day before, I put my life at stake again by stepping into this car. I was gripping onto the side of the car when it took a sharp bent, right on the spot where the accident happened. When he decided to squeeze over to the right lane to overtake a car, I swore I could see the concrete road divider inches away from my car window. I winced a few times and gritted my teeth. As ganas as I thought I was on the road, I am just a wimp compare to him.

As beggars can’t be choosers, I am glad that I arrived at the training center safely that day, only with escalated blood pressure and drops of cold sweat.

My other colleagues from the training center sent me home after each class. Ms Ng, my insurance boss would usually drive me in her Nissan X Trail.

As I hitch hiked Ann's car to work, (it was a blessing having her as a friend!) it is kinda liberating not having to drive to work after two years. I just act as an entertainer as she braves the morning jam. Actually I was trying to divert her attention from the massive jam in Jalan Kuching to make her less pissed. The jam is simply ridiculous. Jalan Kuching is fine, but then, the old man decide to “improve” it some more: widen it, put a flyover on it, etc just to add inconvenience to the motorists.

“Bersabar lah untuk kemajuan dan pembangunan” – that was what an ex colleague told me when I complained incessantly about the jam.

I would be taking the train to and fro from work tomorrow for a change. I think it is time for me to walk a little as to exercise since I won’t be able to visit the gym till my car is ready.

People say, you would never appreciate a thing till you lose it. So now, I really miss my Kenari very much and I would not take it for granted ever again!

Comments

Backup comments said…
no wonder it works on u. full frontal hitch hiking. ..emmm…hehehe.

no smooth guys so far? these smooth guys talk big only….the law of ironic relativity.
keatix | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 1:58 am | #

Without my car, very teruk, feels a lil helpless …a lil nakid ..like a small kid dunno what to do…like ask to navigate Windows without a mouse.
cameljoe | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 8:57 am | #

Without a car in KL is CRAZY….. yeah, CRAZY…… Somehow, I have a spare car when I get into car accidents, just in case mah….

Well, i hope when you get your Kenari back, it would be back to normal… Believe me, once you have you car back, you would forever treasure your home-on-wheels…
Kitjar Sukjaidee | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 10:48 am | #

not so bad…only 2 weeks wat. at least you get to ‘sample’ drivers that are more ganaz than you :P

btw, no relation but I once sat in a car which drove up a one way street the wrong way. we were on that street for about 2 minutes(malacca roads very one wayish) everyboy were flashing lights and we thought one of our doors were not closed properly.
yuin | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 8:26 pm | #

Keatix: Ha ha ha. Yeah. So now you know my secret! No luck with smooth guys yet.

cameljoe: Yes lor. I feel like parts of my body are handicapped now. A friend just called me a handicapped over the phone just now.

Kit: There is always reliable friends around, and my loan shark sister.

Yuin: Ha ha! My cousin brother just got his license and he drove on the opposite direction too. All of us screamed when oncoming car highlighted us. He then, make a three point turn in the middle of the road! Those were the days.
Gina | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 11:11 pm | #

u kip on saying u r fei chai, but from the full frontal picture, u look like 100% perfect …..wow…woman of my dreammmm.
keatix | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 11:28 pm | #

Well, walk a little won’t kill ya. Infact the more you walk , the less you run on that treadmill that seems to bring you no where. Do becareful when you are on the train, there are just way too many “hitch hikers” there if you know what I mean.
humblewarrior | Homepage | 10.07.05 – 11:41 pm | #

keatix: You can keep on dreaming. Ha ha ha.

humblewarrior: Thanks for your concern. I understand what you mean. that is why.. for the next few weeks, there wont be any pics in my blog as I don’t carry my precious digicam around in my bag when I travel by train.
Gina | Homepage | 10.08.05 – 12:58 am | #

Popular Posts