THE FIRST STEP


“I would never be caught dead in the self-help aisle
in the bookshop”–Samantha Jones, Sex and the City


I am reading a self-help book. HELP!!! This is so unlike me as I don’t think I need advice from other people on how to live, as I believe every word in Frank Sinatra’s song – My Way!

As I was telling Keatix over the yahoo messenger a few nights ago, I started to read this book, while having nasi lemak for breakfast. He laughed and said, I should understand by now why he didn’t vote for me.

Well, I had to start formulating a diet scheme before it is way too late to make me lose my bet.

I was just thinking it is pretty ridiculous to go on diet when the yearend is near – where parties will be thrown and endless invitations to wedding dinners. I remember I need to be in Terengganu next month for WY’s younger sis’ wedding and is assigned the most important task: To hold up the door to prevent the bridegroom from barging in and also to hold my drinks on behalf of the groom. How to hold the door effectively without the excess baggage on my body? Aihhh……

There is a party at Party Girl’s house next Thursday, a makan-makan family outing next Saturday, a wild booze party the following week (*jeng* jeng *jeng), and another BBQ party at Yvonne’s house the week after next. Christ!

But whatever had been said, ought to be done. No more time to procrastinate. I have been procrastinating for 20 years!!

Here’s the excerpt of the book:-

This book is a culmination of 15 years of intensive study of the relationship between the foods we eat and the shape of our body. If you are fed up with the dieting merry-go-round and are looking for some practical and sensible information that can put you in control of your weight, then there is some very exciting news. You are about to learn some secrets of how to lose weight, and lose it permanently, while eating.

Fuh… this book got me hooked already.

I need to get a brand new juice blender this weekend.

Comments

Backup comments said…
May I…..HELP you, help me, help you?…hehehe, erm, it helps to get a guide BUT is this a bonafide guide? Cheers!
Joe C | Homepage | 10.15.05 – 6:20 pm | #

gina, you should go slow. slowly ease in to a healthier lifestyle instead of making a drastic changes. only then will you keep your weight down permanantly.

corny right? but its true…
yuin | Homepage | 10.15.05 – 7:11 pm | #

that’s bcoz, i hd a pack wif chubby haha… we will still b frens regardles whether u win or lose..i dont discriminate. every1 has their shortcomings yeah?? hehehe.

puying suay, chook dee na kap!
keatix | Homepage | 10.16.05 – 12:45 pm | #

No need to go so extreme lah…. Do you need to be slim to be on TV meh?

Why go through all the hassle? As they say, if God cannot make me thin, at least He can make EVERYONE fat…..
Kitjar Sukjaidee | Homepage | 10.16.05 – 2:53 pm | #
Backup comments said…
wey, u must bring me along to all the parties and dinners and suppers, so that i can help u eat, and u can lessen your proportion! see.. it’s a win-win situation, deal?! this weekend i’m gonna release a ‘health drink’ recipe, supposedly can slim down, drop by my blog on Friday. See ya! back to hostel..
Kampungkai | Homepage | 10.16.05 – 5:02 pm | #

hehehe… I also have problems with keeping my weight
Selba | Homepage | 10.16.05 – 6:40 pm | #

Joe C: It says in the book, the book sold 3 million copies in America. Guess it is .. alright.

Yuin: I think I am a veteren in this kinda stuffs. I know. Thanks for reminding me though.

keatix: Yeah lah. I accept that as a double dare from you. Ha ha.

Kit: Ha ha. No lah. If can go on tv after I slim also ok what. Ha ha.

Ah Kai: Eh? Sure boh?? Wah.. then I would have a handsome aya pilot date? Ha ha. Gimme your nombor talipon pls. He he.

Selba: EVERYONE is struggling with their weight!
Gina | Homepage | 10.16.05 – 7:46 pm | #

That book is not bad lah. It points out correctly that dairy products are unnatural to the human adult diet and are the cause of most human health problems. However, I think it does not go far enough to preach about the fattening effects of carbohydrates(noodles, pasta etc).
viewtru | 10.17.05 – 12:56 am | #

Just wondering, you wanna be on TV to share your losing weight experience, it can be arranged…….

But, wait-ah, I’m looking for super-models ler…. hee hee, but Gina can give chance lar… pretty at heart mah…
Kitjar Sukjaidee | Homepage | 10.17.05 – 10:10 am | #

Is this your 1st self help book??
Ann | 10.17.05 – 2:14 pm | #

viewtru: Yes. In fact, I was quite taken by the book… reading it slowly now.

Kit: No lah. I am not a supermodel and I won’t go on tv too. I am camera shy. That explains you haver get to see my pics in my blog.

Ann: Not really. I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Thick Face Black Heart, and the Reminiscence of the Stock Trader.. this ought to be my fourth. :p I don’t read books on relationships – they are plain folly.
Gina | Homepage | 10.17.05 – 11:41 pm | #

Popular Posts