FAT CHALLENGE


During the Bangkok-Pattaya trip, I was approached by my ex boss and she asked me why I do not bother to lose some weight. “You have great personality!” she said, “All you need to do is to lose some weight.”

I jokingly told her, “Not that I wanna brag, but if with this body, my social life is fully occupied 24/7, I cannot imagine if I am slim and beautiful!” (Yes, you may puke all you want after reading this.)

Knowing that she won’t win the verbal debate especially with someone like me, she cajoled me by offering to play cupid for me and a chubby friend* with her existing business contacts who are eligible, handsome, young and filthy rich. It’s not that we were not ALREADY in the company of the eligible, handsome, young and filthy rich friends, but if there is more, we shouldn’t be complaining, right? (Chubby is in a good company of three eligible, young and filthy rich boyfriends (only one is handsome lah) for now).

*She prefers to remain anonymous

History of Weight Loss

Gina’s

Lost 15 kgs in year 2000 and gained it back when she started working.

Lost 7 kgs going on a metabolic diet in 2 weeks in 2003 and gained it back – the metabolic diet is a hoax.

Lost 11.5 kgs when she joined gym last year and gained it back with all the fei chai trips.

Lost 4.5 kgs after refraining social activities at all cost in one month and regained it when her social life came back in full force vengeance.

*It’s hard to lose weight when you are so damn popular.

Chubby’s

Lost 15 kgs for her brother’s wedding to fit into nice clothes in year 2002.

Here’s the excerpt of our conversation on the fat challenge over the yahoo messenger a few days ago.

Self - when gonna sit down and talk about our diet plan?

Chubby - thinking about my weight, by when u need to lose weight ah

Self - by march, but i hope by end of this year

Chubby - how many kg

Self - what you think? as much as possible, by end of this year, hopefully 10 kgs

Chubby - 6 mths

Self - so? now start? 6 months from now? :) how many kilos you wanna lose?

Chubby - wats the bet. how much?

Self – uhm … Rm100? :)
Self - we must set the kilos

Chubby -: i'm thinking to start my yaohan slim course again

Self - i shud start going back to gym liao
Self - but now, car masuk workshop
Self - how to gym gym
Self - @#$%^&*
Self - so bila start?

Chubby - wat do u think if i spent rm3000 to slim down ....worth it?

Self - worth it!! I would pay anything to lose 30 kgs, h ah ha, guarantee or not

Chubby - really?

Self – yeah, it was worth it
Self - rm100 too little? wanna raise the bet?

Chubby - guarantee ...if not they won't count the session

Self – wahhhhhhhhhhhh, i also want, ha ha ha, in yaohan?

Chubby – no, at Terimee, got promo at Terimee (1st trial at 28.80) for slimming
Chubby - tell u.... go try out but don't extra cash n credit card .
Chubby - so they can't ask u to sign up immediately, ha ha

Self – wah, susah also hor.. when you wanna try? have to be naked right
Self - shit lah i don’t have car

Chubby - i'm going for a try out session this saturday at Times square Terimee

Self - aiseh
Self - this sat i got class again, product launching
Self - maybe you try first, then you tell me lor ok?
Self - so our bet starts today lah right?
Self - :)

Chubby - nope mid oct

Self - ok lah, 15 october onwards

Chubby - got trial period ah

Self - cut off point this december
Self - no trial trial
Self - we cannot afford to waste anymore time
Self - ok? set? oct 15, first hurdle, 10 kgs by december
Self - you have to weigh yourself first tomorrow

Chubby- excuse me 10 kilos by dec 05

Self - 3 months to lose 10 kgs, is not that kuo fan, one month 3 kgs
Self - ok bohh?? or wanna set straight to march

Chubby - u know how to count ah 15 oct till 15 jan

Self - how much you wanna lose
Self - till 15 jan then, 10 kgs
Self - RM50

Chubby - i thot 10 kilos by mac

Self - then, till march 30, another RM50
Self - no no
Self - by march, it is 20 kgs
Self - i think we better go weigh ourselves
Self - in yvonne's house
Self - at least we have one standard weighing scale
Self - ok or not???

Chubby - can
Chubby - rm100 lose 20kgs by mac
Chubby - if 10 kilos by 15 jan

Self - rm50?
Self - so the stake is higher now
Self - rm150 altogether lah ok

Chubby- yup

Self - then, by march 30, if lose 20 kgs altogether
Self - deal
Self - shake hand pls

Chubby - aiya the game start when we weigh at yvonne’s place
Chubby- save $ for slimming

Self - me.. i think i do it hard way
Self – exercise and low calorie diet

Chubby- yeah u like it hard

Self - ha ah ha
Self - you also know ah? he he he he. ok lah

Chubby - keep it up babe

Self - see you in yvonne’s place on 15 oct

Well, Chubby opt for body wraps from the slimming centre as I, on the other hand, prefer the hard way – going to the gym and exercise.

Hhmph.. Who would you be voting for?

I've already got my first supporter..

Party Girl wrote:-

I baru sahaja practiced the belly dance movements and am sweating like crazy .. so perhaps it is an indication that I did it right .. heheheheh ...

Gina wrote:-

eh? belly dancing? maybe you can assist me a little. i am placing a bet with friend to lose 10 kgs by end of this year! loser pay to winner RM50!!

then by march 2006, need to lose total weight of 20 kgs or RM100 would be slapped as penalty.... ok or not?

Party Girl wrote:-

can ... of course ...!!! I am trying to get some kg's out of my system too ... and I think it is working .. at least ... I can see improvement ... besides it keeps me from falling asleep each time I am on the couch ... I am taking the classes and also learning from a VCD .. Rania's Belly Dancing VCD (3 of them) ... you can come by my place say, 3 times a week, and we can do the movements together .. like the idea?? To the video ... and music... and i can get you the belly dancing belt too .. to motivate you ...hah!! That was the main catch .. the costumes are gorgeous!! ... really ..

Comments

Backup comments said…
aiyoh…like negotiating big business only.. :P

i vote for Gina!
yuin | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 1:08 am | #

G,you’r way too popular…you don’t need to get on any on those diet programs IF you are currently in good health. I should say that your weight-loss resume looks very impressive. 4.5kgs in one month…good golly!
humblewarrior | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 1:13 am | #

I vote Gina!!!
toxic | 10.13.05 – 4:02 am | #

your ex-boss deserves a slap, at the very least.
how more shallow can she be? not sure if you got offended, but i sure would have.
Vagus | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 9:21 am | #

Way to go Gina…..
Ann | 10.13.05 – 9:40 am | #

Go gym gym la, no pain no gain…gotta experience have difficult and painful to slim down so can remember next time if have the urge to makan one tub of Haagen-daz ice cream. Cheers!
JoeC | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 10:10 am | #
Backup comments said…
Somehow, I still wanna date Gina LOL…….

I am also on my Project Cute Kitjar Sukjaidee, and I have actually lost almost 20kg since 2002. And it has never felt better.

Losing weight and looking good makes one more confident of his/ her self.

My vote is for Gina. Somehow, I very academic, I am in full support of Project Cute and Slim Gina 2005!!!!
Kitjar Sukjaidee | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 10:18 am | #

Sis, I’m voting for u. If u really keep ur word, I’m going to award u another RM150!

As usual, I’ll be cutting fresh fruits for u everyday but u must remember to bring it to office!

And I don’t mind to accompany u for brisk walking at FRIM, stairs climbing at Bt Caves or swimming on weekends. I’ll be there for u..

So..way to go, Sis! I’ll be proud of u!
San | 10.13.05 – 10:51 am | #

i’l vote for chubby…

anyway, u will understand why i state the above when u achieve ur desired weightage.
keatix | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 11:34 am | #

Question is, what is your plan after 30th March?
VJ | 10.13.05 – 8:42 pm | #

wah so intricate plan, i was lost by March and 20 kilos lol. hope u win the wager! i have one of rania’s cd too but i gave up after 10 mins hehehe guess having a partner in crime would make all the difference
kimberlycun | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 9:41 pm | #

Yuin: Losing weight is big biz!

humblewarrior: The main reason to lose weight is health. The rest are secondary.

Vagus: Everything these days boils down to packaging. I don’t blame her and I am not offended.

Thanks, San, Ann, Toxic, Joe, kit, Keatix (not!! ha ha) for your support.

VJ: After 30 march.. maintain lorr.. that is when the horror begins.

Kim: Wait till I master a few steps, then we all can become partners in crime.
Gina | Homepage | 10.13.05 – 10:14 pm | #

nowadays lots of new gym coming up rite? u go and sign up for free trial la. Then after free trial period finish, u hop to another new gym for free trial. hahahha kedekut.

eh, puasa together with me. Not that hard, jus need some determination and willingness.
kampungkai | Homepage | 10.14.05 – 1:20 am | #

When there is a will, there is a way.

You go Gina!
You go Gina!

Part of your cheerleading team,
Greenpple
greenapple | Homepage | 10.14.05 – 11:27 am | #

No more fei chai trips until next year ah? HehhHh…
james | Homepage | 10.14.05 – 4:07 pm | #

Ah Kai!! Welcome back! Yeah lah.. I also cheapo. I should do that! Ha ha. I already have an existing membership with a gym lah. Heh.

Emma: Wah.. happeningnya. Ada la-la toi to support. Haha.

James: Looks like it. Sigh.
Gina | Homepage | 10.14.05 – 9:25 pm | #

Popular Posts