A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES

The Journey

… begins with the first step.

I have been trying to lose weight since I hit puberty. Life can be hard for a fatty, especially when you are born in this era where skin and bones are good, and being fat ain’t a fad.

After the news about my boss’ husband’s friend died of a heart attack at age 34, I was a bit worried about my health. Despite signing up for gym, it is all sheer discipline and will power to be consistent.

After too much boozing, fei chai trips, reunion parties (life is extremely difficult when you have to please everybody), the new KFC curry crunch.. temptation lurks at every corner, and will pound on you when you least expected it.

I have successfully reduced 11.5 kgs during the first 3 months of joining gym. Much to my dismay and disgust, I put them all back on (with “interest”) once I started to slack. Jesus. I wish my stock prices on the share market are as bullish as the way my weight is escalating.

Frankly speaking, other than losing weight, I am checking out the hot bodied men in the gym. I do not find motivation anymore in going to the gym since half of the time, I am being picked up by the girls rather than the men. Sigh. And 80% of the men in the gym, are gays. Double sigh.

Well, after weighing the pros and cons – financially (I am a bit broke with the RM5 parking every time going to the gym) and safety, (at times, I go to the gym in the mornings, and the way to the gym from office is too dark), I decided to freeze my account, and go for walks in FRIM instead.

This morning, I went for a 1 ½ hours walk with a friend at FRIM. I didn’t expect I would survive 15 minutes track up the treacherous slope up to the reservoir! And I did it twice! This is even better than the controlled gradient treadmill with television, drenched with other patron’s sweat. This walk comes with clean, fresh air and soothing forest scent. And it only costs me RM1 per entry. I even bumped into my old A level buddy and he looked darn good! (Plus point)

I have made a pack indirectly with James when I entered a comment on his blog last week, so I would have to make sure I succeed this time.

So, hope that this would be a good start for both me and James, and anybody out there in fact, to lead a healthy lifestyle.

No pain, no gain.

Comments

Backup comments said…
you sure 80% of the men are gays in the gym?

sounds impossible!!! lol

p/s i extend my moral support to you
VJ | 04.10.05 – 8:37 pm | #

Good luck! I’m sure you would achieve your goals!
I think walking up a hill or reservoir is a very effective way to losing weight….
Toxic | 04.11.05 – 5:17 am | #

You lost 11kgs and you’re still not motivated to go on? Get you ass back to the gym, dammit.

And oh, stop making packs with me. You’re always welcome to make a pact but I’m largely uncomfortable making packs since I have no idea what those are. Hehhehh…
james | Homepage | 04.11.05 – 4:10 pm | #
Backup comments said…
i want 6 packs but all i have is one large blob
ryuu | 04.11.05 – 5:15 pm | #

VJ: 80% sure.

Toxic: Thanks for your moral support.

James: Thanks for correcting my grammar.. after losing 11.5 kgs and putting them back – the brains tend to be screwy.

ryuu: I am sure you look cute, just the same, with or without the packs.
Gina | Homepage | 04.11.05 – 11:42 pm | #

I think its not a good idea to go on diet, just try some easy exercise. Look like you already started and you can tahan 1 and half hour walk, gambate…!
mrkiasu | Homepage | 04.11.05 – 11:54 pm | #

Yes, no pain no gain. Hey… get your ass back to the gym lar….
Ann | 04.12.05 – 2:18 pm | #

Whatever method of exercise you are applying, don’t give up. Self-discipline and consistency are very important.

Keep doing what you are doing now and hope your health will improve!
WY | 04.13.05 – 12:55 am | #

Mr Kiasu: To diet is to die with a T. Hehe. Yeah. Kampatei!

Ann: Going.. going.. gone.
Gina | Homepage | 04.13.05 – 12:56 am |

Popular Posts