PHOTOBUG PARADISE

I was bitten by a photobug while in Sekinchan yesterday. The acres and acres of paddy field are simply breath taking. I can’t wait till harvesting time. There will be more interesting shots to be taken.

As I have mentioned in my previous entry regarding my mini fei chai trip, well, it was really a MINI mini fei chai trip. We had simple meals, mainly ala carte (Pan mein, Pork Noodles and Fishball noodles) and, towards dinner, we merely had a meal which didn’t go too well. The marmite crabs were not fresh, in fact, they were ugh.. foul.

Food...

It was a trip of pure photography, more like a photobug trip, rather than fei chai trip.

Guess I will have to blog more about a fei chai trip in near future, due to Toxic’s demand. *Smile* There is one coming.. soon.

And.. we chose the wrong night to go see the fire flies. It was 3 nights before full moon night – hence, too bright for us to see the luminous fire flies, lighting up the mangrove swamps like Christmas trees… we would have to go again to enjoy this nature’s beauty. The boatman who ferried us, advised us to go in November or December, during rainy season when fire flies prefer to come out and play when the weather is cooler.

Perspective I

Perspective II

Perspective III

Just Another Jackfruit Tree

YY was fascinated by this tree, so we took a pic of this for her remembrance. Probably can be used as a good feng shui pic to be placed in bedrooms of newly weds – to bear fruits?

Three is Company

Taken in front of the Ninth God's temple.


Pisa in Sekinchan?

The camera is tilted to avoid taking into focus, the debris of construction beside the pagoda for joss papers burning.


Above the Clouds?

This is not a camera trick. *Grin* It was inverted from the original sunset picture. Rotated 180 degrees.



Sunset in Sekichan

Many thanks to Sekinchan Boy (Boon Seong) for taking me around for this photobug frenzy and for not pushing me off the sampan while in Kuala Selangor, and thanks to WY and YY for bearing with us, the photobug freaks.

For more pics, click here!

Comments

Backup comments said…
those are really nice, very picturesque. despite not very fei chai-ing a trip, it sounded like a nice one eitherway
sarah | Homepage | 04.22.05 – 11:44 pm | #

Nice pictures! Can I join you next time? Think I’ll be back in late Oct/early Nov.
Kat | Homepage | 04.23.05 – 1:54 am | #

Sarah: That is why this post is called photobug paradise! Yes, it is enjoyable.

Kat: See you in October then.
Gina | Homepage | 04.23.05 – 9:20 pm | #

Wow… you have a very good camera there.
Ann | 04.25.05 – 2:28 pm | #

Ann: Like I said, many many times.. it is not the camera.. it all boils down to skills and talent. *Ahem* Even if you give a 10 megapixel camera to a person who totally do not have a simple common sense of shoot and point, it is useless.
Gina | Homepage | 04.26.05 – 1:20 am | #
Backup comments said…
Although not fei chai trip, photobug trip also great to read….
You are very good with the camera lah….
Toxic | 04.26.05 – 4:59 am | #

I love your pictures. They are mesmerizing, and the food, looks tantalizing!
SOmeday, I’ll hit the road like u. Gluttony ROX!
Hehe
Ginnie | Homepage | 04.28.05 – 2:36 am | #

Toxic: I was actually waiting for you to comment. Hahhaa. Thanks. Practice makes perfect.

Ginnie: Thanks! All it takes, is practise, practise and more practise. Get a digital camera.
Gina | Homepage | 04.29.05 – 12:10 am | #

have you tried http://www.shuttermap.com?
yuin | 04.30.05 – 3:23 am | #

Yuin: I am with Flickr. Thanks! Registered at Shuttermap as well.
Gina | Homepage | 05.02.05 – 1:14 am | #

no sweat
yuin | 05.04.05 – 3:36 am | #

Gravatar Hope it’s not too late to say I’ve enjoyed every single moment that we’ve spent during the day trip y despite the warm weather and the brightly lit night sky. Will definitely plan a second trip to watch the fire flies…

I’m always amazed by your photography skill and thanks for taking few crazy candid shots esp. when I’m enjoying myself at the see saw… like a mad woman who has not ride the same in her life… thanks for bearing with me INSTEAD!!!
WY | 05.09.05 – 11:56 pm | #

Popular Posts