THE SINGING TOADS

I don’t really fancy karaoke. I am always there for the sake of being invited. I think I had been to karaoke lounges less than 10 times till today. Usually, I am just there to laugh at people making fun of themselves, for company of good friends and last but not the least, the booze. However, I did joined in the singing crowd once in a blue moon to release some stress.

It is amusing to know how old we have become whenever we go to karaoke a year after another.

After a few years, the songs we used to sing were no longer offered in the list. Or the songs that we sing, they are either evergreen, the singers were dead long time ago, or the singers are in their forties or fifties. And I don’t understand what does a girl clad in a bikini gotta do with Nat King Cole’s song, UNFORGETABLE.


Dead Singers


Singers in their Forties


Another Dead Singer

I am a young person with an old heart. I still like the 80s and 90s songs, and I enjoyed the songs created way before I was born, like the Beatles, ABBA, etc.

So tonight, I was in the company of good friends belting out some old stuff. The young punks there must have given us the dirty look when we sang “BORN TO BE WILD”, a song that they probably unheard of.

I was labeled as “Poker Face” tonight for being emotionless when I sang Madonna's Crazy for You. Some friends also said that I looked strained. Hahaha. Now you know why I hated singing.

Nowadays, karaoke lounges are rather competitive. They offered buffet, free drinks, free use of rooms, set lunches etc to fish customers. Now we all know where does William Hung gets his inspiration from.. hehe.

Hmmph… I think I sing better in my car.. and it is free.

Comments

Popular Posts