KAMA SUTRA


Art of Love

Elena, a friend from my A Level years in TAR College, got me this book during her trip to India.

Being a naïve 18 year old at that point of time, I didn’t know what it was. I was happy because I appreciate classics in whatever form. When I went home and took a look into the book, I was shocked to find explicit sexual positions depicted in the entire book of 64 pages!(Yeah.. A nerd)

Didn’t know what to do, and worried that my housemates might think that I am a pervert (yes – I cared about what other people think when I was 18), and after consultation with my room-mate who happened to be my classmate too, I quickly returned the book to Elena the next day.

Elena: What lah you! This is really a classic. You won’t get this anywhere in Malaysia.

Self: But I don’t want lah. What will my mom think?

Elena: You don’t have to show it to your mom!?

Self: Yeah hor..

Elena: Keep it. Who knows? You might be able to fetch RM250/- for this book! I am serious. It is banned in Malaysia.

Self: Serious ah??

*Money minded-ness sets in*

Elena: I only gave this book to 2 girls. One of them is you, coz I thought you are open enough to accept this. *Sigh*

Self: Ok lah. I will keep it till someone wants to buy it and I will sell it for RM250/-.

I have kept this book for 10 years now.

Comments

Backup comments said…
lots of kama sutra books in india the last time i went there
ryuu | Homepage | 06.03.04 – 8:57 pm | #

Gina, thanks for sharing the book with me. I totally forgotten that it has 64 pages! Anyway, after reading this particular blog, I can recall some of the exquisite position.. Perhaps I will give them a try.. Just kidding. As part of refresher, mind to borrow again (it’s a healthy sex education)
Wai Ye | 06.04.04 – 9:39 am | #

I think Internet host a lot of websites. Maybe you can google and look at them. I bet they have more than 64 positions. Hehe.

yeah ryu. A friend who went to India told me. Practically, it is everywhere.
Gina | Homepage | 06.04.04 – 10:52 am | #

I wish I can, just received lecture from BBoss bout control on net surfing….it’s really tooooo bad I don’t have online at home…benci!
Wai Ye | 06.04.04 – 3:06 pm | #

I lived in India, funny I never saw a Kama sutra book while there.
sanjay | 06.05.04 – 11:49 am | #

Sanjay: A friend said the book is practically everywhere on the streets selling at USD1 or less! I can’t remember where she went though.

Thanks for dropping by.
Gina | Homepage | 06.05.04 – 5:31 pm | #

sanjay, u kidding me?
ryuu | Homepage | 06.06.04 – 1:21 pm | #

Popular Posts