MANIC MONDAY

At some old club house in Taman Melawati today...

8.10 a.m.

I am 2 hours ahead from the company’s annual (agm) and extraordinary general meeting (egm). Was instructed by Sugar to be here by 8 am. As usual, Malaysians will always be Malaysians. They are never punctual.

This is the first time I attended my new company’s agm and egm. After attending so many other companies’ meetings during the years I was with a management firm, I was disappointed with the facilities here.

Being a person with "high metabolism rate" (Read: Overeactive sweat glands – thank God I don’t stink!), the staff told me that the fan at this level will not be working as there was electricity trip this morning. (yes- no air condition. They love the ozone layer) So?? So he said, the maintenance department is working on it. This is also the first time I am sweating profusely in a meeting place. Think of the bright side of this! Take it as a sauna session in the morning.

8.20 a.m.

Not a single colleague is here, not to mention my immediate boss who thinks I am cute.

The staff who said that is avoiding me at all cost now since I kept on pestering him about the fan. Mental note to self: Don’t wear a blazer for next year’s meeting if it is going to be held here again. I hope not.

8.21 a.m.

The fan is finally working! I realised I am writing this in the dark. This is very sad.

8.25 a.m.

Colleagues came. Finally, someone to talk to in this mosquitoe infested ballroom.

8.45 a.m.

Xmas Boy is here. He looked eclectic. This is the first time he will be sitting together with the board of directors for the meeting as the company secretary. He said, he had sleepless nights.

He then bugged us on the percentages of proxies who signed up.

10.05 a.m.

The meeting started with more staff than shareholders themselves attending the meeting.

Funnily, some staff did not follow the proposing and seconding procedure I had prepared for them. Ms Kong kept on proposing and seconding without giving other people’s chances much to the Chairman’s amusement.

10.43 a.m.

The meeting ended and we head for some refreshments prepared. The coffee tastes bland. It is like reusing the coffee beans for the fifth time.

11.05 a.m.

Hit back to office to work. Bumped into Cynthia's mom and sister, Cheryl on the elevator from the car park to lobby. Surprised she said she was the ex staff of my new company. I didn’t know!

11.35 a.m.

Arrrrgghhhhhhhh! The air condition is not working in my office either! Help!

12.05 p.m.

A lot of shit to do now. Sleepy like crap. Working in a total daze.

4.45 p.m.

Donated RM50/- to a colleague. His wife gave birth to a premature baby, only 6 months! Heard that baby is not too well and needed more cash. I hate private hospitals.

5.15 p.m.

Sugar asked me how many times I have changed job. Told her this is my third. (Permanent job – if you want to consider jobs right after form 5, this would be my twelfth job). Yikes! I changed a dozen of jobs?? Woah! Unbelievable.

She concluded that I am a job hopper and frankly asked me will I leave this company after a year? I told her that as long as I am happy here, I won’t leave. “So you better make sure I am happy,” I said as-a-matter-of-factly.

*Laugh* I am serious!

6.15 p.m.

Sugar walked past my cubicle and reminded me I owed her one resolution on allotment of shares – which totally slipped my mind but I acted as if I am working on it now. Damn!

6.35 p.m.

Writing this while waiting for Ann to take me home. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnn.

6.37 p.m

Crap! Ann called and said don’t go down till she calls. I think I’ll go to the loo and do some contemplation there.


7.12 p.m.

Dennis called and said that my two sons had been sold. He was refering to the Beagle and Chow Chow. *Sob*


Ciao, my dear Chow Chow!

Comments

Backup comments said…
Which hotel did your company hold the egm? Make sure I do not use that hotel for my events

I am really sad that the beagle is sold, he’s really cute but I’m glad he has found a new home
KML | 06.29.04 – 5:31 pm | #

chow chow is so cute… me sad too… *cries!*
kev | Homepage | 06.29.04 – 7:36 pm | #

Will tell you, KML. hahah. KML pulak.

No worries, Kev. There are plenty in her shop. Will keep you posted.
Gina | 06.30.04 – 12:09 am | #

Hahahahahah!!!! Wah, I proud you lah, KML!!! Hehhehheh!!! Hurry, Gina, buy lottery or something. Wahahahah!!
james | Homepage | 06.30.04 – 1:11 am | #

sob. i recently am attracted to the ever so hyper jack russell when i went to ikano.
kev | Homepage | 07.01.04 – 7:53 pm | #

Popular Posts