SHAMPOO GIRL FROM HELL

I have three aunts who are all hair dressers. Till to date, I hardly spend much money on my hair. Since my aunts now are much older, they are in their early 60s or late 50s, with bad eye sight, and occasionally will make mistakes, I think it is more prudent to haul my ass to a hair salon and start paying! (I am still in the experimental stage of getting the right hair salon.)

I don’t usually let people wash my hair. I always wash my own hair and get to the hair salon solely for a hair cut. To save some bucks, and also to spare myself from agony.

This is second time in my life which I did, and also regretted having it. The first was in one hair salon at Bdr Sri Damansara where they used a shampoo smelling like dish washer which made my head scalp itch. This time round, it is the shampoo girl from hell.

This shampoo girl brought a bottle of shampoo while I was flipping through the magazines I took from home. They hardly have English magazines in the hair salons in my neighbourhood as most residents read Chinese.

When she first started to apply the shampoo on my head, she did it in gently. Soon after, she worked up a lather and started to scratch my head. Everything was fine till she finally sink her hands on my shoulders giving me a massage. It was bearable at first, till she slowly exerting more and more force in massaging.

Does size matters in order to determine how much force you would use to massage a person?

She used her knuckles, followed by fisting, elbowing, then some karate chops. (No – this is not a kinky sex description) I have been to a masseur before and this is NOT a massage. It made me feel like a piece of meat on the chopping board.

I was about to tell her to stop when she pushed me frontward and started to do my back with the same knuckling, fisting, elbowing (ouch!) and chopping. I was too shocked to say anything.

When seated back up again, I was relieved and managed to maintain my poise. And then, she started all over again! Massaging and chopping, knuckling, etc. Being a lousy consumer, I didn’t complain and gritted my teeth throughout the agony.

I think I will politely decline such massages in the future if I were to have another hair wash in this hair salon. Or I can start visiting other hair salons which do not torture their customers. Please excuse me now as I have to go to the bathroom to check for any bruises she had caused me.

Comments

Backup comments said…
I hope you didn’t have any bruises in your body. As a consumer, we have rights to voice out our need so they can review and at the same time improve on their services…in this way they can serves us better..

Learn to speak up. : )
Wai Ye | 06.03.04 – 3:01 pm | #

Popular Posts