RED DAY RED DAY!

I was waiting for Ann to pass her some stuffs near the car park both of us parked our cars. She came and we couldn’t helped ourselves but laughed. Her colleagues also found this utterly amusing.

Both of us were wearing the same color blouse and bottom. It’s vermillion red blouse and beige pants (me) and skirt (Ann).

It was as if we made a pack today to dress the same. Both of us looked like part time waitresses or maybe some sales girls in the gold smith when we were seen together. One red blouse is good enough in a group. Two is a crowd!

This incident reminded me of how I broke the ice and met my first good friend, Cynthia when I shifted to KL 14 years ago.

It was the first week of our Form 3 class. We were going for our Physical Education (PE) class. Our school permitted us to wear any white shirt with shorts. So I got this RM5 Garfield T-shirt from the pasar malam. White tees with big pics were very popular at the point of time. RM5 is big money 14 years back.

Lo and behold, there she was, also in the same t-shirt walking towards the group. She squealed and laughed, pointing at me. I had no idea what she was laughing at. (I am darn blur at times) Then my other friends also starting to point at my shirt and said, “Hey! You girls have the same shirt!”

We ended up like peas and pods since. She helped me with my very broken Cantonese and I helped her in Math.

We are still friends up to this very day and I thanked God for that. And I thank Ann for bringing back this sweet memory.

Want to know how I met Ann? That is another story…. involving a lizard and a cup of milo. Hehe.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Really can’t stop laughing that day.
Ann | 06.20.04 – 1:45 pm | #

You are not laughing lah. That one is one helluva loud giggle!
Gina | 06.22.04 – 12:30 am | #

Yalah, Ann, you’re a giggler lah!
james | Homepage | 06.22.04 – 9:22 am | #

Popular Posts