HOT AS HELL

A few weeks ago, a friend complained to me she has no dates. I told her to join some activities or maybe, sign up at those internet services for matchmaking. She refused to do so and she insisted on having a fairy tale romance – you know, the type where you met a guy in the Al-Fresco cafĂ©; then the two of you looked at each other, then sparks of chemistry flying in the air – CRASH BOOM BANG – and then, both of you fall madly in love. What load of crap! Jesus!

If you remember, I wrote about me being dateless, a couple of guys actually wrote to me to ask me out. Hahah!!! Oh well, I have to turn them down as we didn’t have much to talk about even online, what more if we meet – when we do meet in flesh and blood. I look quite intimidating to some people.

Since I have been dateless for awhile now (hanging out with a boy younger than me by 5 years, or with a hot Takeshi-Kaneshiro-look-alike do not count – it’s too good to be true), I did something really silly which I couldn’t stop laughing about it. I signed up at internet dating service (address withheld to stop you people from looking out for me! Haha!) and put up a profile there together with a picture.

Guess what? In less than 24 hours, I have been approached by 20++ males.

Hahahahahaah!!!!! I’m hot as hell!

Ahem. In actual fact, there is nothing to shout about, especially when the men who contacted me are already attached (have the cheek to admit it – I appreciate their honesty) and they still want to make friends with other females online. I am not saying that they are wrong, but geez.. the things they write about themselves somehow reflect themselves as sleaze balls. *Cringe*

I guess there is nothing wrong to sign up at these websites to get to know people and expand your social circles. Some friends sign up for Speed Dating, Lunch Actually or MCA Cupid’s Club. Someone told me there is something called, Table for 6 – where the organizer would help to organize a dinner for 6 people – 3 guys and 3 girls for them to get to know each other. The last option seemed viable and not so intimidating.

Match making services; second to slimming services are making big money now!

I can’t get over the fact that some of them just do not bother to make an effort to write a proper introduction. All of them have these standard generated first liners.

You seem interesting, will you send me an email and tell me more about yourself?

It takes more than two lines to impress me.

P.S. If you were wondering what picture did I put - it was REALLY a pic of me, minus 10 kgs! Haha!

Comments

Backup comments said…
You seem interesting, will you send me an email and tell me more about yourself? :D
Neo | Homepage | 05.26.06 – 1:06 pm | #

er, good luck!
KY | Homepage | 05.26.06 – 3:32 pm | #

i dun care whether u register with a dating site coz like it or not, it’s one way to get expose….but, when u mention takeshikaneshiro, were u refering to me?
takeshi-kanina-shiro | 05.26.06 – 3:49 pm | #

Neo: Haha!! Very funny!

KY: Er.. thanks. Saja main main.

Takeshi: Yeah lah. You lor.. who else?
Gina | 05.26.06 – 5:07 pm | #

Hi, i’m an aircraft engineer. My family members get heavily discounted air tickets. Will u marry me? U’ll be eligible then.

hahahhahhahahhahhahhhah! does my 2 sentence work? :P !!!
kampungkai | Homepage | 05.26.06 – 9:40 pm | #

Ah Kai!! Wah.. long time no see!!

Wah.. that 2 sentences might work! Hehehhe! Afterall, I am a simple woman with simple needs. Haha!
Gina | 05.27.06 – 12:04 pm | #

eerrr…….dont know what to say
foodcrazee | Homepage | 05.27.06 – 2:46 pm | #

Hi there, do you have a webcam? If so– I’d love to chat with you and get to know you better. I’ve been using the dating service webdate.com and I especially like their live video chatrooms. If you are interested please look me up there, my handle is “mrnewbootie” Hope to hear from you soon..
Fred | Homepage | 05.28.06 – 2:45 am | #

Foodcrazee: Don’t say anything!!!!

MrNewBootie: Sorry, I don’t have a webcam.
Gina | Homepage | 05.28.06 – 11:54 pm | #

Falling in love in a cafe happens…as shit happens sometimes, love does too. Tell your friend to go to amsterdam’s Rosa’s Cantina… and lightning might strike!
jeffrey | Homepage | 06.01.06 – 12:27 pm | #

Sounds desperate for a date.

Have you tried joining a church? Church going guys make good husbands and they’re less choosy.

Try those more established churches not the cultish doomsday-ish ones.
abbot | 06.04.06 – 8:43 pm | #

Hahahha!!! Not really desperate lah. A friend of mine told me to swear off church goers. It has made his life hell. Hahah!! I did spot a Christian Slater looking boy in one of the church I infrequently attended, thoough.
Gina | Homepage | 06.04.06 – 11:01 pm | #

Popular Posts