FOUR MAIDS AND A HUGE PILE OF CLOTHES

For a week, I would be home alone since my sister, cousin sister, and 4 aunts had left for Bangkok to berjoli.. Ah well, not really alone, considering my dad is at home but he sleeps downstairs. I will have upstairs all to myself.

My cousin sister – the 16 year old tarot reader is having a ball of time. She went off for her badminton training on Friday and conveniently text me and said she won’t be home till later today. When the cat is not around, the mouse comes out to play.

Some friends ask – eh? How come no orgy party one? No booze party kah? What were they thinking, man? Am I darn promiscuous and a bloody alcoholic? The latter is true.. how I wish the former is true as well. If you must know, I still have 7 bottles of unopened whiskey, gin and vodka at home, safely tucked away in my store room.

I have been forewarned to keep the house spick and span by the time the family comes back.

I once told my colleagues over lunch that I have 4 maids at home when they were bitching to me about their maids. They were impressed and asked me how do I control my maids? I said, my maids are all damn good and capable that they don’t need my supervision. They are my mother, my sister and my two cousin sisters. Hahaha! And ah.. I forgot I have a security guard and a gardener too – my dad. Hahahhaha!!! They knocked me on my head with a bowl.

The house is quiet now, with the absence of the terrible two. I had blissful sleep for the past 2 days without interruption in the morning – mom washing clothes in the bathroom adjacent to my room, the two kids running around inside my room and making faces at me, cousin sister sweeping and moping the floor – while I am still sleeping INSIDE the room. Really lah. Hmmph… totally inconsiderate or maybe I am the one should be blamed for sleeping till noon. Ah.. the joys and perils of staying with so many family members under one roof.

Yesterday and today, I had been working my ass off like a maid – taking out the clothes to dry only to be greeted with dark skies, then brought them in again only to be pissed off at the sudden sunshine… washing dishes, taking out the garbage, washing clothes – and the washing machine just broke down for no apparent reason, ah shit.. have to manually wash now, moping and sweeping the floor, etc. I think I have lost some weight just doing these.

And I have to remember to buy 4D and then, remember to light joss sticks for Goddess of Mercy, pour oil into the burner, washing the filter for drinking water, etc. Geez. Living alone is not easy after all.

That didn’t stop me from going to Bangsar to meet friends for a cup of coffee and cheese cake yesterday night, morning breakfast of teh si and bun bulat with Jeffrey and Whirlwind Wendy (It’s nice meeting ya, WW!), and ass-burning pan mein in Chow Kit for lunch.

Ah.. now you have to excuse me. I have to stop here this time as I have a whole pile of clothes waiting for me upstairs now. Shucks.

And.. no pictures this week – my camera is now in Bangkok.

Comments

Popular Posts