WHAT’S A MODERN VAGINA?

I had a pleasant weekend.

WY got free tickets for Herbie: Fully Loaded.. but it was at 10.30 a.m. on Saturday morning and it’s in Subang. I don’t think I would want to drive all the way to Subang (@#$%^& increase in petrol price) and pay 2 way toll just for a free movie. I might as well pay to watch it in Selayang, and the parking is free. Courteously, I declined the offer and gave it a miss. Nothing can compromise my precious weekend sleep.

Later on yesterday, Dimple text me to go for a movie in Mid Valley. It was already half way through the afternoon as I woke up at noon. I was too lazy to go out. But then, since Dimple would be leaving for New York for good, I might as well spend more time with her.

I dragged my lazy ass to Mid Valley. Surprise. I found a parking spot within 3 minutes entering car park. Lucky.

Dimple insisted on buying me a movie. Herbie: Fully Loaded. It was coincidental that she too, has free tickets.

As we were killing time before the movie, I spotted Tony in a hardware shop. To confirm that it was him, I looked at the woman next to him. Indeed, his lovely wife, Mei, our dear old friend. We were deliriously happy.

Pleasantries were exchanged and since we had only an hour to go for our movie, we decided to have a short coffee chat.

Short break for coffee turned into long winded chat when we went to Mei and Tony’s cozy new home in Bukit Jalil after the movie, and roped WY along. It was impressively, tastefully decorated… and Mei sure does have a knack in interior designing, considering she is all along, a full time professional bum.. errr.. I mean, housewife.







Left to right: Living Room, Kitchen, Mei's framed pencil sketches, Medusa Lights, Clay cats & Dining Hall

It was good to chat about the good old times.

We (WY, Dimple and myself) met Mei 6 years ago in a market research company. We hit it right off the first time we met. We chatted like kindred spirits.

I thought of the old times. Mei and Tony were always there during my happiest and saddest moments. We hang out together in Waikiki Bar with my internet gang and did a lot of crazy stuffs. They were there when I was heart broken – pacifying me, listening as I complained about my bitchy bosses, excited that I am getting my first car, giving me valuable advice when I was about to give up my job, took me to eat the best pisang goreng in the world, etc. They are the nicest people you could have ever met. It was as if, they were God sent… even if at times, Mei swears like a sailor.

We were pampered like royals at their house. We were served nougats from Syria and Tony made the best cocktails, especially margheritta, my favorite drink. And also the top quality green tea (You know, not the powdery type, with LEAVES!).




Tony's kickass margheritta & Nougats from Syria


We yakked about almost anything under the warm lights of the mini bar in the kitchen. We tried to catch up as much as we could, getting to know each other all over again, places of interest to travel, horror stories about hiring contractors, excitement about Dimple’s new job in New York, our Chinese ancestors, toasting to angry sex, complaints about management of toilets in China, Philippines, Indonesia, latest books to read, family, booze parties, etc.

The long chat lasted four solid hours. I reached home at 3 am (No, we didn't get lost this time) with a pounding head (must be the combination of liquor and green tea), after dropping Dimple and WY off. It was an eventful day and left our souls feeling enriched with friends’ life experiences. Heh! We discovered an ideal place to have our next booze party!! *Hinting Mei*

This morning, despite sleeping late, I managed to wake up to keep my appointment with Ed, Ryne and Dan for breakfast at Yut Kee at 10.30 a.m. Wonderful, wonderful people. Ah... life is indeed good..

Yut Kee's famous toasted bread with home made kaya, half boiled egg,
white coffee, fried egg bread


Ah… yes.. before I forget… the answer to the topic’s riddle: What’s a modern vagina?

Answer: Cuntemporary.

Comments

Backup comments said…
your friends sure know how to make their friends feel at home.
and Mei must have spent a LOT of time to achieve a home like that. that or she has incredible talent.
yuin | 08.22.05 – 8:52 pm | #

nice nis u hv chosen… gtg, will read the rest of yr blog later this evening. cheers fm singapore
chef4u2play | 08.23.05 – 12:52 pm | #

Yuin: Mei is a housewife. Of coz she has a lot of time.. and not to mention wonderfully talented as well. Both husband and wife insist on details to the tiniest forms. And their hospitality shown in the way they treat their guests.

Chef: Thanks! Do you cook?
Gina | Homepage | 08.23.05 – 11:27 pm | #

Popular Posts