SLEEP YOUR WEIGHT AWAY!


Do you know bears lose 30% of their weight just by sleeping??
Life ain't fair!

Friend #1: Do you want to go out tonight?

Self: No, going home to sleep.

Friend #2: Eh? Got plans ah tonight??

Self: No, going home to sleep.

Friend #3: Anything on tonight?

Self: No, going home to sleep.

I have not been going out much since the Ultimate Fei Chai trip. Committed to stay true to my words, I avoided social activities at all costs; apart from having simple dinners with Ed and some really good friends. I am proud of myself.

It is not easy to say no to friends when they ask you out, especially those whom you haven’t met in ages, and it usually happen (to get invitations) when you are on a friggin’ diet. Your will power is put to test. It is the mind over gluttony battle. Gluttony has always proven too strong to resist, ranking as one of the seven deadly sins.

We are talking about health at stake here. I was thinking how would I supposed to carry on living if I were to be plagued with diseases arising from obesity - hypertension (which I already suffering from), diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, joint pains, celibacy (Okay! This is not a disease. But this might breed depression, and subsequently cause more complications), etc. This ain’t a joke.

No more procrastination this time. No more excuses. No nonsense like not eating at all either.

I have cut down tremendously on coffee. Used to have 2-3 cups per day since the tea lady, Madam V, made the best cup of nescafĂ© in the office. I only take one cup in the morning – with no sugar. Daily breakfast no longer consists of nasi lemak or oily stuffs, only biscuits or fibre drinks. Occasionally, I still spoil myself with nasi lemak/ roti canai – with condition - maximum once a week.

I start having light lunch; sandwiches with high fibre bread and the nicely cut fruits by my sister. My sis is the main motivator in my diet scheme.

As for dinner, I tried my best not to have too much carbs. Only a cup of brown rice (oops, rice!) and some crackers (Oops.. more carbs)… ok lah. I admit I am a carb addict.

Hopefully I could maintain this till I reach the objective: to get off hypertensive medication by losing some serious weight.

I’ll be off the gym again next week.

Weight loss since last posting on diet: 4 ½ kgs.


Comments

Backup comments said…
I support you on this diet all the way. Remember, is the effort that counts =’)
JJ | Homepage | 08.06.05 – 3:16 am | #

I also support. with proper planing on foods, lots of water, good exercise in gym and proper mental preparation, Gina is going to a new journey of losing weight just like all that has proven to make it happen…

peace,
e
ed | 08.06.05 – 6:27 am | #

Good job. I think I better start dieting again too.
james | Homepage | 08.06.05 – 12:07 pm | #

Good job Gina. 4.5kg since last post? That’s great!
Ann | 08.06.05 – 1:00 pm | #

way to go gina, but i doubt it…hmmm, nehhh…you can make it, prove me wrong
VJ | 08.06.05 – 5:19 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Ganbatte kudasai!! ne…
z | 08.07.05 – 12:04 am | #

And how long do bears spend sleeping?
Yuen Li | Homepage | 08.07.05 – 5:34 am | #

Yes! Kampatei! Jia Yue!

Ps. The bears spent the entire winter sleeping – so I guess about 2-3 months? Max?
Gina | Homepage | 08.07.05 – 10:28 pm | #

4.5 kgs???waahhhhh.. pretty impressive lar..u go girl!
izzy | 08.08.05 – 2:04 pm | #

good luck gina. hope you can lose a lot of weight this time. just remember not to procrastinate and stick to your diet.
victoria | 08.08.05 – 7:16 pm | #

izzy: Thanks for your encouraging e-mail.

Vicki: Thanks a lot! Will remember your advice!
Gina | Homepage | 08.10.05 – 1:04 am | #

keep up the good work. i hv to start for myself too :P
bro | 08.12.05 – 1:08 am | #

Popular Posts