SCREWY SCHUMY WANNABE


Care for a Ride?

Following a distress call, informing me that his car broke down, I went to fetch Sekinchan Boy at the car workshop.

Well, he must not be taking his life seriously (Cantonese: Yim Meng Cheong), considering he is daring enough to have taken a ride in my car.

I have been driving my Ferrari for the past 2 years. (When it’s fast, it is called Ferrari.. when it’s slow, it’s a Kenari lah – I know, I know.. this joke is getting stale). Little did I know, the once timid me had evolved into the typically wild and barbaric (not to mention RUDE!!) Malaysian road users.

These are some remarks my friends used to make whenever they hitch a ride in my car:

1. Wah Lau Yeh!!! Pajero so big!! You cannot see it coming kah??You wanna bang the Pajero kah??
2. Do you know you almost bang the motorbike?
3. Aiyoh!! So near!!!
4. You are so ganas. (Malay: Wild, reckless, violent)
5. Omigod!!!!!! (Covering eyes) You almost hit the car just now!! So near!!
6. Holy shit… HOLY SHIT!! HOLY SHITTTT!!
7. LOOK OUTTTT for the CARRRRRR!
8. I think you need to change your suspension after this. (I hardly hit the brakes at bumps or avoid pot holes because I can't see them!)
9. How the hell did your sister drive ah? Change 4 tyres in one year!! (the mechanic remarked when my brother took my car to change the 2 tyres out of 4 which were swollen).
10. If you don’t want to be late for work, you can always hitch a ride on Gina’s car. She is damn fast.

Before you think I am a chronic lousy LADY driver, I am NOT. The above remarks were made throughout the span of 2 years – so… not so bad lah.

Let’s say that, I am just a bit ganas compare to other OVERLY mild mannered drivers. This is the basic driving skills in KL or else you will never survive.

Most of the time, I am a courteous driver. I will give way to you (depending on my mood), I will give way to the ambulance/ police patrol car, I put on the signal whenever I make a turn, I don’t hog the fast lane if I am not fast enough, I stop at traffic lights, etc. I am only reckless when I am tired or excited.

However, I better reduce the verbal abuse and profanity while driving before someone thinks that I am a sailor.

Comments

Backup comments said…
ady drivers…biasalah. :P i knw of someone close who actually drove into a one way street(the wrong way) and whack into a wira.

btw, not all sailors swear okay…
yuin | 06.15.05 – 1:14 am | #

You are a sailor, Yuin? Hehehhe.
Gina | Homepage | 06.15.05 – 1:18 am | #

u don’t sound schumy to me but montoya, yes. or is it nikki lauda?
stan | Homepage | 06.15.05 – 10:26 am | #
Backup comments said…
verbally abuse directed at other drivers remind of something I saw somewhere else:

“Anyone driving slower than oneself is always an idiot, and anyone going faster is always a maniac.”

I think this applies to the highway of life as much as it does to the KL-Seremban highway :P

cheers
tiger | Homepage | 06.15.05 – 3:55 pm | #

Changing 4 tires in one year is definitely too much!
viewtru | 06.15.05 – 4:00 pm | #

gina: yeah. and i don’t swear that much. unless when i’m pissed.
yuin | 06.15.05 – 4:25 pm | #

unbelievable, but it is not too late, think you should attend National Service, hehehe

anyway, remind yourself of the person/s you love while on road.
VJ | 06.15.05 – 6:53 pm | #

I remember making some of the comments as mentioned above. Esp comment no. 10.
Ann | 06.15.05 – 7:04 pm | #

Hehe. I think I’m guilty of making some of the comments before. But then, I must say that your driving skills have improved, much more ganas than before. :P
Kat | Homepage | 06.15.05 – 8:37 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Stan: Montoya don’t drive a ferrari, right? But I am a maniac like him lah.

tiger: I am very much a maniac.

viewtru: When you travel 1,000 km in one day, two days in a row – this would bound to happen.

Yuin: I am pissed all the time.

VJ: Eventhough I drive like a maniac.. it is not till the extent on endangering others. Trust me.

Ann: No. 10 comes from you!

Kat: Yes, I think you are No. 7.
Gina | Homepage | 06.16.05 – 12:07 am | #

Popular Posts