BUDGET? WHAT BUDGET?


Budget of a Glutton Goddess

I guess everyone has endless problems when it comes to budgeting, except for the accountants. I wish I could be half as thrifty (a nicer word for stingy) as them.

I went for facial last weekend and decided to sign up a course as I had completed my previous RM800/- 10 sessions (with free RM228 products). Before I go, I reminded myself to sign for a cheaper course at RM650/- for 10 sessions (with free RM228 products), to do away with the shoulder massage and eye treatment – they don’t make much difference, but they sure make you feel good.

Sadly, after NOT MUCH persuasion, I succumbed to signing up for a RM988 for 10 sessions, cell renewal system – double mask, with shoulder massage and eye treatment (free products worth RM278). Seriously speaking, they are really good.. (my friends BETTER compliment me on my glowing skin).

Sigh.

Today, my office colleague went around office collecting money for a new baby shower for another fellow colleague. Realizing and regretting my previous mistakes of contributing almost to every occasions: baby showers, funeral expenses, hospital expenses, wedding gifts, birthday parties, pot luck parties, etc (Yes – we have only 37 employees and yet, we have a lot of things going on every other month), I had to decline to be generous this time.

I have come up with a checklist to trim my spending (drastically) before I resort to living with a card board above my head.

(1) Fei chai trip ONCE every two months
(2) Only watch movies with Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or Hugh Grant in it (Mr and Mrs Smith and War of the Worlds, both releasing this month!)
(3) No more chipping in money for colleagues unless I like them very much
(4) No more clubbing
(5) No more booze party unless someone sponsor the liquor
(6) No more coffee bean/starbucks
(7) No more buying speculative stocks
(8) No more shopping for shoes
(9) No more buying books/ subscribing to magazines I don’t read
(10) No more buying expensive toiletries (My shampoo costs RM38 for 300 ml – geez)
(11) No more succumbing to social obligation to meet people unless I like them very, very much
(12) No more loitering aimlessly in KLCC (will end up buying a lot of unnecessary things)
(13) No more weekly strawberry swiss roll from Sun Moulin
(14) No more RM7.50 daily breakfast supplements
(15) No more gym
(16) No more RM6.80 fish head mee hoon every other week
(17) No more Burger King every Friday

Hmmph. This is a LOOONNNNGGG list. No wonder my sister can afford to lend me money. She never did any of the above.

Comments

Backup comments said…
all my money goes to food. i feel your pain. good luck!
kimberlycun | Homepage | 06.06.05 – 11:44 pm | #

first of all, accountants are not stingy, they just foresee the rainy days ahead.

NO MORE GYM, u demam ker!!! hehehe,

what is the exact meaning of the word NO MORE, i suspect a hidden message, maybe like ONE MORE TIME, just kidding :p Good luck !!!
VJ | 06.07.05 – 2:30 am | #

by the way, i found a new second hand bookshop at 1st Floor, Plaza Damas Shopping Centre, Sri Hartamas, check it out!!!
VJ | 06.07.05 – 2:36 am | #
Backup comments said…
No more gym????
sziang | 06.07.05 – 9:32 am | #

Glad you didn’t put No more dimsum. For me, that’s non-negotiable
fishtail | Homepage | 06.07.05 – 11:46 am | #

Your checklist looks very much like new year’s resolutions; and I think items 4 – 17 will be the first ones to be dumped :P

Just kidding, best of luck with your resolutions. *heheh*

************

“Resolutions, baby they come and go” – Jamie cullum
tiger | Homepage | 06.07.05 – 1:42 pm | #
Backup comments said…
wow, thats alot of no mores…
gonna need lotsa willpower there,
best of luck!
yuin | 06.07.05 – 4:27 pm | #

Good luck Gina. Hope u see results soon.
Ann | 06.07.05 – 5:39 pm | #

Good luck you. Maybe I should follow your footsteps and curb my shopping as well. Money’s flowing out as soon as it flows in. Aihh..
Kat | Homepage | 06.07.05 – 11:19 pm | #

Kim: And you still look this good?? I hate you!

VJ/sziang: Gym needs monthly subcription of RM156, exclude parking.. there goes my money! Could use the money for something else more important.

fishtail: I have a long long list.. on food alone.. it will take a few days to complete, if I decide not to eat too much.

tiger: I will stick to my guns! You’ll see.

Yuin: Will power is something I am lacking in, really. Aiihhh…

Ann: Good luck in your exams!

Kat: Yes, we can all get used to less shopping.
Gina | Homepage | 06.08.05 – 12:27 am | #
Backup comments said…
Thank goodness Fei Chai Trips are not completely banned.

Good luck with the new budget!
Toxic | 06.10.05 – 7:54 am | #

Hehhe… it is hard.. as I am the president of Fei Chai Trip.. they (fellow gluttons) wouldn’t let me go that easily!
Gina | Homepage | 06.10.05 – 10:00 pm | #

best of luck . . slow & easy
Paul | 06.14.05 – 8:40 pm | #

Popular Posts