MY DEAR SISTER

Sis & I at the Playground

Today is my sister’s 27th birthday. Yes, she is THAT OLD. Hahaha. I could vividly remember an incident when we were little, I was six years old, and she was four. We went to our best friends’ house to play. Both sisters were also of the same age as us. Their house was situated 10 minutes walk away from our house.

It was about to rain when we finished playing, we hurriedly rushed home to avoid getting wet and anticipated canning from our mom. We were half way through the walk to our house, when it began to pour like cats and dogs. Welcome to Taiping – when it rains, it pours.

Being little and having less energy to run, she trailed far behind as I ordered (screamed) her to catch up. (We were brought up in an army household – my dad was a sergeant). She then fell and hurt her knees badly. I was in shock to see blood oozing out her knees and ran to her rescue.

I kept on encouraging her to stand up but, she was crying and did not have the energy to stand up, probably the pain was too much for her to bear at such a tender age.

As we were soaking wet and I didn’t have the heart to just leave her there, I quickly squatted and told her to climb on my back. I carried her on my back and ran as fast as I could. Don’t ask me how I got the energy from, but it was the longest five minutes in my six years of life.

When we got home, instead of getting scolding from mother, she (mother) looked stunned that I carried her all the way back in the rain.

Mother then nursed the sore on her knees, as I looked on. From that day onwards, without uttering a word, I knew for sure, that I would never leave her alone in times of despair and desperation. As her big (literally) sister, I will shelter her under my strong wings to keep her safe….as long as she keeps on lending me money. Heh! Kiddin’!

Happy birthday, San! May you always be well and happy.

Pretty in Red - Sis & I


Le Dausmenil (White & Dark Chocolate Mousse & Coconut Syrup)


Comments

Backup comments said…
u bad.. made me cry happy birthday to ur sis
kimberlycun | Homepage | 06.01.05 – 10:02 pm | #

yor. just post something got comment already. and i thought i was fast.

happy birthday to gina’s sis!
ryuu | 06.01.05 – 10:12 pm | #

I am three years from twenty-seven so please please don’t say that that is an old age…!

Happy B-day to your sister.
Jon Choo | Homepage | 06.01.05 – 10:36 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Kim: What are sisters for, if not to borrow things? Hehehe

Ryuu: Her name is San.

Jon Choo: Happy 27th Old Birthday 3 years in advance!
Gina | Homepage | 06.02.05 – 12:40 am | #

happy birthday san! still 8 mins to become belated bday, haha. can’t really remember that incident. my brain kinda deleted all past memories, or did u make that up? kiddin’
bro | 06.02.05 – 1:04 am | #

i feel blissful reading your post today. happy birthday to San.
VJ | 06.02.05 – 2:18 am | #
Backup comments said…
Aaawwww…. So sweet..you’re such a nice sis to have.
Happy birthday San.
Ann | 06.02.05 – 3:47 pm | #

huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuh uhuhuhuhhhu
so touching…

sob sob… happy sob… birthday Gina’s sis! huhuhuhuhuh…
Pr|nce | Homepage | 06.02.05 – 6:58 pm | #

thanks sis for the nice cake & the elegant watch, not forgetting the post. i’m so touched & felt loved!

thanks bro. The incident is true. I still remember it.

thanks to everybody for the wishes!
San | 06.02.05 – 7:10 pm | #
Backup comments said…
the cake looks yum
tiger | Homepage | 06.02.05 – 8:06 pm | #

Happy belated bday, San. Gina is one great sister you have there.
KML | 06.03.05 – 11:20 am | #

Gina…why no butter prawn and lala soup for ur sis bday….*mouth-watering*
ahlian | 06.03.05 – 2:26 pm | #

Oh, did I miss the birthday? Happy belated birthday San. Remember that at 26, you don’t have to be good anymore.
viewtru | 06.03.05 – 10:17 pm | #

Bro: You were not there, obviously you don’t know.

VJ: It was a heart warming experience.

Ann: I am a nice sis – I admit. As long as I don’t lose my temper.

Prince: Why cry like liang poh poh one? Heheh.

San: What are sisters for?

Tiger: But it is a bit too sweet.

KML: You are a nice sister too!

ahlian: It is a family occasion going for the lala – so it is kinda routinous to go there again.

viewtru: Heheh. She can be BADDER when she is 27?
Gina | Homepage | 06.04.05 – 11:59 am | #

San, Happy Belated Birthday! May you be happy always.
WY | 06.19.05 – 3:40 pm | #

Popular Posts