COUCH POTATO


Couch Pussy... Cat?

Great minds think alike. Kat and I were both TV addicts in our earlier years. We may sound like victims of the one eyed monster, but hey.. we ended up just fine and dandy. TV is good for kids.

It has been awhile since the last time I was a couch potato. I used to watch too much tv when I was little. I watched tv before going to school, right after school, the moment I opened my eyes in the morning, while having my meals or doing homework, etc. Even when I was asleep, I would put the tv on.

I watched every damn thing that was on tv. Be it hindi movies, P. Ramlee movies, cartoons, local chinese serials, etc. Back then, we only had TV1 and TV2. (My mother thought I might just drop dead in front of the tv anytime). The addiction got worse when my family was the first few who had TV3 in Taiping (My dead uncle was an eletrician). Needs could be so simple back then.

I thought I couldn’t survive without a tv when I went to college. Soon, I replaced my cravings for tv with the internet, VCDs, Chor Dai Dee (Cantonese: Playing poker) and going out supper with friends.

I hardly watch tv now, since I never home, except for the Apprentice on Sundays, and occasional American Idol while running laps at the gym.

Since I am so damn broke now, and I cannot go out that often anymore, I have to find alternative ways to entertain myself.

My life was transformed on last Monday night. As I was killing my time watching some senseless hong kong movie, WY sms-ed me to check out Man Hunt on ntv7. (I have Astro at home – but the rest of the family hogged Wah Lai Toi only).

Two minutes down the show, I was already hooked. I couldn’t help it if there are 16 males with wash board abdomens parachuting in their white underpants… wearing only white underpants. *Nose bleed*

Finally, something different compare to the degrading reality shows like; Outback Jack, Mr Personality, for Love or Money, Average Joe, etc. (The reality shows are getting out of hand).

I guess, I would be watching a lot of tv from that night onwards.


Comments

Backup comments said…
the cat looks like the very pampered sort – sure manja like nobody’s business…

*meow*
tiger | Homepage | 06.10.05 – 9:44 pm | #

I bet this pussy (cat) is sure manja.
Gina | Homepage | 06.10.05 – 10:06 pm | #

Haha.. I watched a bit of ‘Manhunt’ when I was back in KL. The men were sure yummy. *drool*
Kat | Homepage | 06.10.05 – 10:16 pm | #

So Kat of sugarfreebabe is really a fat cat? *looks confused*
Yuen Li | Homepage | 06.11.05 – 4:36 pm | #

Gina…want to recommend too u…on 10.10pm thurs nite on ntv7…there are 2 handsome guys on tv…:D
ahlian | 06.12.05 – 2:15 pm | #

Kat: I like it, even if it is a re-run. Yum Yum.

Yuen Li: Kat/Cat – they are synonymous – gentle, manja, smart, lazy… hehe.

ahlian: Yes ah??? ok ok.. I will check it out. Thanks!
Gina | Homepage | 06.12.05 – 2:57 pm | #

Popular Posts