NASI LEMAK FREE WEEK

Yes, I know the pics here had nothing to do with the title.

I didn’t have nasi lemak since Monday for my daily morning breakfast. I had toast instead. When Sugar requested me to ta pao for our regular Friday’s breakfast from a partially blind pakcik - fried mee hoon with fried egg and lot of sambal, I didn’t get one for myself – usually I would have it with beef rendang. Talking about discipline. I am very proud of myself.

Well, if a serial procrastinator can alter his lifestyle, I don’t see why I can’t! We have a healthy competition here.

Instead of going to FRIM today, I went to Batu Caves. I think scaling the 272 steps three times would be enough to burn some fat cells off. I will do it again tomorrow.

Apart from the threats from the ferocious monkeys and occasional bird shit (consider it lucky!) on your head, it was a satisfying climb… and a bird really shitted on my right arm today while I was taking pictures at the staircase.

My sister and cousin sister are training for their Mount Kinabalu trip this June. I cannot understand the hype about scaling Mount Kinabalu as I don’t believe in paying for self torture. Both my sister and cousin sis get to go for free – it’s a company’s trip. Hhmph.. come to think of it, the management has found a better way of laying off employees, minus the retrenchment cost. Arrange such a trip and hope they never return?

I didn’t manage to get many good shots... the climb obviously made me see some stars. Here are some of the best out of the 100 pics I took.

Guardian of the Gate


Inside the Cave


Sadly, Vandalism is still at large



The Monkey God


Lucky Birds


Treacherous Steps

After the climb, I rewarded myself with some dim sum and big ass plate of “man yee min” in Petaling Street with Ed and his friend, Daniel. Supposedly having French toasts and half boiled eggs at this hainanese shop, Yut Kee in Jalan Dang Wangi, but it was closed. Bummer.

Then mom cooked a scrumptious lunch… okay, I had a few pieces of steamed shrimp and fish paste wrapped in Chinese lettuce. Guess I have no choice but to skip dinner again today.

Lunch at Home

Comments

Backup comments said…
wah the lettuce wrap looks veli delicious wor some more have lotus root soup….yummylicious

peace
e
ed | 05.01.05 – 9:26 pm | #

Ed: Next time, you are welcomed to my house for lunch/dinner. No probs. Mom would be delighted to have you.
Gina | Homepage | 05.02.05 – 9:54 pm | #

haih…that pic makes me so homesick..
yuin | 05.04.05 – 3:39 am | #
Backup comments said…
HUNGRY
ryuu | 05.04.05 – 4:27 pm | #

HAhaha.. why is everyone only attracted to food pics? All glutons? I should change my blog name to Gluttony Gets Its Groove!
Gina | Homepage | 05.04.05 – 10:32 pm | #

becoz there’s nothing bttr than food wat…
yuin | 05.05.05 – 1:33 am | #
Backup comments said…
Eh, you skipped Nasi Lemak and stuffed your face at lunch? Hehhh
james | Homepage | 05.05.05 – 2:37 am | #

my sis is lying. she jus managed to climb up once!
San | 05.05.05 – 6:57 pm | #

hi James…

I wish its true tat i skipped breakfast nit no, even though we did not have Nasi lemak, we had dim sum and a plate of Braised Yee Min which is as big as My Ass in Yook Woo Hin chinatown

peace,
e
ed | 05.05.05 – 10:55 pm | #

Yuin: I agree.. We live to eat.

James: Not really stuffing my face – I think I didnt eat THAT much.

San: Shuddup.

Ed: That was a big ass plate of noodle huh?
Gina | Homepage | 05.06.05 – 12:17 am | #

Popular Posts