10 THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY MORNING


Sunny Side Up, Everyone!

I have a few friends suffering from depression all within a span of ONE month. Out of the blue, everyone seemed to succumb to stress from work, financial, family, etc. This is not good. Is this a mid year crisis, when you have spent all your bonuses, squeeze every inch of your pocket to pay inland revenue, insurance due, exhausted your annual leave, etc?

Instead of letting myself being influenced by their depression, I tried my best to remain as optimistic as I can for them.

Here are the 10 things I look forward to every morning, in order to remind myself, there is always a reason to be happy, no matter how cynical you are.

1. I still have a job to go to, even if the pay is shit.
2. Listening to the Mix.fm breakfast show's Battle of the Sexes, where participants made the fool outta themselves, despite being stuck in the horrendous morning jam.
3. Hope to catch a glimpse of the cute guy who works in Level 34, even if I don’t have the guts to say hi.
4. The tea lady’s kick-ass cup of Nescafe, even if a cup of coffee everyday reduces your fertility by 50%, and I always have two.
5. The smell of toast bread with kaya and butter in the pantry, even if it belongs to the pain-in-the ass MD’s secretary and she would never offer you one.
6. Sending morning greetings via e-mail to friends whom I care so much, even if there is no reply.
7. To check out Ms Blur Sotong outfit as she exaggerates her catwalk around the office (I think this woman owns a wardrobe equivalent to Imelda Marcos’ collection of shoes), even if I would never have a figure like that in this life.
8. Receiving phone calls from friends/making phone calls to friends, arranging for makan makan/movie towards the end of the day, even if the food is so-so or the movie is crap.
9. Free copy of Sun newspapers, even if the distribution is subject solely to the discretion of the dimwitted security guards.
10. Eating the freshly cut fruits prepared by dear sister in a green colored tupperware, even if at times, it slips my mind to bring it to office, I still feel so loved. (I am writing this so she could keep on doing this for me – hehehe)

They are as simple as they sound. Hope they will work for you too.


Comments

Backup comments said…
Good to know that you are one tough nut… ehem, I mean person to crack to pressure build up by problems around your life.

Great that the dreaded Friday the 13th is over… was one heck of a day for me.
JJ | Homepage | 05.14.05 – 1:35 am | #

I prefer to be called a tough cookie.. not a nut. Hahaha!

See you in Zouk tonight.
Gina | Homepage | 05.14.05 – 1:45 am | #

Looks like I should also find 10 good reasons to get out of bed to go to work!! Muahahahhaa
Ann | 05.14.05 – 2:30 am | #

hmm..very good wor..day day wake up and be thankful for little things in life..

indeed tat would make all of us to be happier lo. vely good veli good..

in my previous job, the biggest consolation of any working day was when my boss was not coming in to the office..terrible hor?

peace
e
ed | 05.14.05 – 1:24 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Ann: Yes, Ann.. all the more.. you look demotivated.

Ed: Good things come in small packages, surprisingly.
Gina | Homepage | 05.14.05 – 5:33 pm | #

great list whenever my sis does anything like no. 10 means she needs something from me. mostly RM. hopefully yours does not.
yuin | Homepage | 05.14.05 – 7:53 pm | #

Yuin: HAhahhaa! If I do THAT for my sister, then yes- I want money! She is the one who always lend me money.
Gina | Homepage | 05.15.05 – 12:18 pm | #

you got sis to provide constant supply of fruits, then lend money from…must let MY sis read this..
yuin | Homepage | 05.17.05 – 2:49 am | #

Yuin: That is WHY she is the world best sister – and also MY FAVORITE. Hehe. (I have only ONE sister)
Gina | Homepage | 05.17.05 – 11:49 pm | #

Popular Posts