AIRY

Today I felt a bit light. Whatever it was, it felt kinda good.

I walked with confidence to the office, the cafeteria, the board room, etc.

When I sat at my place and started to get about my business, I felt an airy, tingling sensation on my right inner thigh. I was horrified to find that the seams on the right of my pants between my legs had burst open!

No wonder I felt I have lost some weight this morning. My pants were loose…. or rather, ripped apart.

I can’t believe that I actually walked about in public with a hole in my groin. Luckily it was ripped from the inside, so it was not visible, unless I sit terkangkang. (Malay: Legs wide open)

This called for a drastic measure. I need to go on a strict diet NOW (the procrastinator in me says, “This is a pair of very old pants lah! You have been wearing the same pants for the past 3 years. What do you expect?”)

Then I sat down again.. priaaaakk……. the left inner thigh’s seam burst pulak… gawd… this is what I called, serious Monday blues! @#$%^&*

Now the pants look like a long skirt with a slit right up the groin.

I remember reading this blog about a girl using staples, and decided against it.

Thank God I was put in home science class when I was in secondary school. So I put my rusty sewing skills to good use, and was damn glad that I remembered how to do the stitches. A word of advice: Always have a sewing kit with you. You will never know when you might need it.

Serve me right for laughing at the girl with the frankenstein pants.


Comments

Backup comments said…
Yikes. Everyone’s nightmare. At least for me.
Ann | 05.30.05 – 10:51 pm | #

when i feel airy it’s always the zipper. funny i will always think “wow, i feel so airy”.

realization comes an hour later
ryuu | 05.31.05 – 12:04 am | #

Oh dear. What a nightmare. At least you were not wearing frankenstein pants.
Kat | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 12:17 am | #
Backup comments said…
wah! 2 sides split open!? then ma very malu? poor u…

reminds me when i was in primary 1, my whole short trousers splitted from bottom right till the belt. &*#^)*(&@ didn’t wannna stand up whole day.
Kampungkai | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 1:55 am | #

at least now you will find your way to the gym, finally the force has spoken
VJ | 05.31.05 – 2:18 am | #

Hello! Just wanted to say thanks for dropping by and commenting on my blog.

PS Try jeans – they don’t generally rip easily.
Yuen Li | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 6:13 am | #

very ouch, baby. lucky you have sewing skills, rusty or not.
tiger | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 9:40 am | #

serves you right…kih kih kih
michaelooi | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 10:05 am | #

Ann & Kat & Ryuu: Yes, it is everyone’s nightmare. Imagine going out shopping.. in public.. ishh ishh.. I actually walk in public with a fully open zipper before till a nice lady came over and told me to zip up!

Kampungkai: I remember when I was in kindergarthen, the latex (rubber) on my panties was too loose. When I went to catch the bus, my panties slipped off right to my ankles!!

VJ: I guess so!
Gina | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 11:35 pm | #

Yuen Li: No probs. It is a pleasure reading your blog. I can only wear jeans to work on Fridays.

tiger: I kinda miss the adrenalin rush trying to borrow the needles from a fellow colleague. Hehehe.

Mike: It could happen to anyone.. and it could happen to you, too. Hehehhee. *curse* jampi*
Gina | Homepage | 05.31.05 – 11:37 pm | #

“I remember when I was in kindergarthen, the latex (rubber) on my panties was too loose. When I went to catch the bus, my panties slipped off right to my ankles!!”

GINA, OH MY GOD! i can’t believe this… that must be super-duper humiliating rite? If me, i would be hiding behind the cupboard for the rest of my life hahahha!
Kampungkai | Homepage | 06.01.05 – 4:44 am | #
Backup comments said…
Had to borrow a needle? Hence the advice on keeping a sewing kit handy LOL

I remember when I was in kindergarten, I didn’t pay any attention when the teacher told us to make sure we wore shorts for Concert Day.

The plan was for us kids to each be a letter of the alphabet, and the teachers insisted on shorts as they didn’t want long pants or skirts spoiling the aesthetics of our characters.

Of course I wore long pants to Concert Day, which teacher made me take off when we started the alphabet routine.

Oh and another thing: at the ages of 5-6, I preferred to go commando; long pants or otherwise :P
tiger | Homepage | 06.01.05 – 2:32 pm | #

Kampungkai: Luckily no bulu yet. Hahahah!

Tiger: Rebellious at such a tender age? *Tsk* Tsk*
Gina | Homepage | 06.01.05 – 10:02 pm | #

u r really funny gina……hehe! free show….
keatix | Homepage | 10.04.05 – 2:48 am | #

Popular Posts