THE PARTY HOST WHO GOT DRUNK

Riana Green

WY: Did you meet any cute guys that you are interested in?

Self: There were only 3 men there. One is married, one is CK and one is a salesman.

Yesterday we went to a seafood BBQ organized by the 2 E’s – Ee Reen and Eric at their idyllic home, Riana Green. A week ago, e-mails were exchanged for this very much anticipated event. It was a small quiet gathering (not so quiet after a few drinks) with the 8 of us, consisting mainly Taiping friends whom I have known for almost 20 years!

The Host wrote:

Hey all

I have made a reservation and put a deposit for 7th May BBQ .... ok lar, bring a partner ok... and make it a small gathering to enjoy BBQ food and swimming (to show off whose tummy is biggest - since Gina is yearning for the prize, we all better start puffing up ours too ... the price is 10 BBQ calamari/shrimp - winner's choice)

... and you can bring anything you want . I'll take care of the seafood ... I am making a slight deviation to the std BBQ way ... I am going to use banana leaf ...
hahahah and no sticks ... hehehehhe :)

I'll say budget for about 10 people.

Starts at 5pm ... ends at ... midnight ...and remember your glass slippers .. and pumpkins ..


Curry Calamari

I didn’t even have to strip to win the 10 sticks of calamari.

I decided to bring CK as company as he is very good with the ladies. (…. Ed went back to his hometown for Mother’s Day). There were 5 girls and 3 men in the party. As predicted, CK swept the girls off their feet with his gentlemanly and charming character. (That is before he opens his mouth to haggle for a price).

The four Taiping girls; Ee Reen, LN, Jane and myself laughed at the pictures we had taken 12 years ago in my BBQ party after SPM. I came to KL when I was 13, and the four of us kept in touch till today.

It was a heart warming evening. Conversations taken place mainly in Hokkien. Eric, a good cook and host, made us sit and eat while he demonstrated his culinary skills at the BBQ pit. The salesman tried in vain to impress the girls with some amateur magic tricks. This guy ain’t David Blaine.

What is a party if there is no booze, right? If you have me in a party, there is always a guarantee for alcoholic drinks. I brought along a bottle of Absolut Vanilla and was in charge of preparing alcoholic drinks for the party.

I didn’t know the host, Ee Reen, is not much of a drinker as we never drank together. We parted ways after SPM, Ee Reen went to Canada to do computer science, LN went to Hawaii to do marketing, Jane came to KL to do hotel management, and I was in a confusing state for awhile before I ended up doing ICSA.

We had only half a bottle of Absolut Vanilla and two bottles of Australian red wine, and some beer.

The host with pink nails

The party ended abruptly with Ee Reen puking all over the swimming pool. Her loving husband, Eric took her upstairs to rest, while the rest of us, renewed our bonds of friendship, made new friends and promised to go clubbing or fei chai trips together.

Hmmph.. nevertheless, Ee Reen is still a good host. Apart from preparing the scrumptious seafood and printed a menu for the evening, she even prepared some souvenirs for us to remember this day by.

P.S. Ee Reen, if you are reading this, the pot (as in periuk, and not grass) is with Trish.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Hey KY – I never had a better time at puking that last night … so, kudos to those great efforts to land me on Cloud 9. Next time, we’ll do Italian ok …

Cheers!
Ee Reen | 05.08.05 – 2:41 pm | #

Italian keh.. German keh… whatever lah. You must start your booze training as soon as possible. It was HARDLY an effort to get you on Cloud 9. Hahah.
Gina | Homepage | 05.08.05 – 3:50 pm | #

Riana Green is a lovely place. I’ve been there.
Ann | 05.09.05 – 7:21 pm | #

Popular Posts