AWESOME WEEKEND

Weekend had been good. Good is probably an underestimated word.. it was great! As I told myself to spend a little more time with the family, I am proud that I did just that. I usually go missing in action at home till wee hours in the morning on weekends. Even with me at home, it was like I was not there, as I would waste my Saturdays away, sleeping like a dead log after having scrumptious lunch prepared by mom.

Saturday

I was invited by Yabba to join him and Jess to the Food & Hotels Exhibition (FHM 2005) in KLCC Convention Centre. His office provided some audit services and also acted as organizer for a participant, so we get to go in for free.

For the first time, we had Italian, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Norwegian, French, Mediterranean, Turkish, Chinese, etc food all in less than one hour! Impressive!


Dessert, dessert, sausages, Cheese

These are just some samples of the goodies. I took mainly pictures of desserts as they are the most colorful.

These are the people that made it happened! Bravo!


Chocolate Fondue, Lamb Shank, Mediterranean, Vodka

After a short makan spree, we were too cheapo to pay RM5 to get into the Culinaire 2005 – mainly demonstration of food carvings – on fruits, ice, etc…. as we could watch it all on tv…. yawn.. I was too tired anyway as the night before I went out pretty late and slept at 3.30 a.m.

Late evening, I took the kids for a swim with my sis and mom.


The formidable duo - Sasha & Lok Lok

At night, we watched Malaysian Idol finale together. Both my cousin sisters and myself were betting on who would win the title. I did a little bit of homework on the internet in the afternoon and found that Daniel’s votes online had been impressive. 60-40. I placed my wager on Daniel and was glad that he won. Cousins had to do full housework for…... forever. Heck.. I never had to do housework either even if I were to lose. Heh!

Sunday

Brunch with fellow homie – Jane & Party Girl at One Utama Coffee Bean. It was like a Joy Luck Club gathering, minus the ability to play mahjong and having daughters to be used as benchmark of each others’ achievements.


Brek-O-Day

It was a pure conversation of juicy gossips, traveling plans, bitching about work, hair style, fashion, etc. it was good to catch up with the old gals.

Before I left the house, Sasha reminded a few times to buy her a cake. Kids nowadays are so demanding. I bought her a Strawberry Yogurt Mousse and a Raspberry Mousse Cake for myself. Had a little chat with mom and sis before I take an afternoon nap before my dinner with the Si Koo Tuin.


Cakes for Little Sasha

Dinner with the “Si Koo Tuin” (Cantonese: The Group of Nuns of the famed Organic Horror of the Seven Spinsters): Wang Loi, Yvonne and Ms Tambi to celebrate Wang Loi’s belated 30th birthday. Oops! Didn’t mean to reveal her age! Happy belated birthday, Wang Loi!!


Butter Crabs, Fried Man Tao, Fried Calamari

Our dinner was luxurious. Crabs at De Foodland. @#$%^&* expensive. But they have like 30 choices of cooking for crabs. The butter crabs is the signature dish, but we still miss the Port Dickson butter crabs. Must drive down there one of these days just for the crabs!

After dinner, we had dessert at Kei Tak Sek, Kepong. Over dessert, we talked about our future plans for travels again.


Sai Mai Lou, Kepong

All in all, it was a superbly, fantastic weekend. Hope you had a good one too.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Hey Gina,

Next time if I’m happen to be at M’sia and you happen to have the tickets to awesome exhibition like that, can I tag along ah? I’ve never been to any places quite like that, and will like to ‘dai hoi ngan gai’ (cantonese) given a chance.

I’m glad that you had a great weekend! I’m sure you’re well recharged for next week, eh? The food sure looks delicious by the way, and I’m drooling…

Great post!
Greenapple | Homepage | 09.26.05 – 12:21 pm | #

it’s all sin i tell u!!!!

ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHH
:P
ryuu | 09.26.05 – 12:34 pm | #

Simply yummmmy and a great weekend!!!!!

I was at the MAPEX show. Property prices are crazyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

You better come up with a compilation of “Jalan Jalan Makan Makan” blog before end of the year, plzzzzzzzzz

p/s looking forward for good news at Budget 2006 this Friday
VJ | 09.26.05 – 4:10 pm | #

Emma: Have to ensure that you come on the right time.. and I happened to have free tickets!

Ryuu: Just go make a confession, then all gluttony would be forgiven!

VJ: I just compiled a list of makan on the right corner of my blog. Hope this is useful to you!
Gina | Homepage | 09.27.05 – 12:55 am | #
Backup comments said…
damn damn damn…now have to wipe the drool of the keyboard.

btw, the formidable duo looks cute, esp with the arm floats
yuin | Homepage | 09.27.05 – 1:24 am | #

You make food looks so good that it’s a sin not to love food!!
Ann | 09.27.05 – 9:12 am | #

Sis, glad that u enjoyed ur weekN with us. Hope to have more outing together.
San | 09.27.05 – 10:42 am | #

Hiya,

I just discovered your website, nice entries…. I’m adding you into my blogroll….. Would be back for more readings…….
Kitjar | Homepage | 09.27.05 – 4:32 pm | #
Backup comments said…
Yuin: Wish I could courier the sai mai lou to you!

Ann: I guess so. Everything seems nice to eat thru my lens. Ha ha.

San: 22 Oct. I am counting.

Kitjar: I read yours too. Really touched my heart. I am going to add you too.
Gina | Homepage | 09.28.05 – 12:01 am | #

won’t reach wan. the postman will eat.
yuin | Homepage | 09.28.05 – 1:11 am | #

wow, your weekend is so sooo syiok huh? i hv a feeling your weekends are always syiok in one way or another! envy!
keatix | Homepage | 09.28.05 – 2:10 am | #

Gina,

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll, and I am surprised that my simple blog touched your heart…. aaahhhhh
Kitjar | Homepage | 09.28.05 – 10:15 am | #

yuin: Next month postmen in Malaysia puasa lah. won’t makan one. Ha ha ha.

Keatix: Well, almost… but if my weekend is like this most of the time, I would grow double my size in no time.. not very encouraging. Most weekends, I go out with friends.. or I’ll just cozily tucked in my bed with a good book the entire day.

Kitjar: Miracles come in simplicity.
Gina | Homepage | 09.29.05 – 1:22 am | #

Popular Posts