THE MONK'S STORY: ON THE ROAD

This is for the benefit of those people who don’t understand Cantonese/missed the story slot, but would like to know what went on air (98.8FM) this afternoon.

This is the first time that I listen to 98.8 FM since my grandma died. When she was still with us, she would religiously switch on the radio sharp at noon, after her bath and putting bedak sejuk on her face... How I missed her!

My Cantonese is not that fluent. So, I don’t really understand the entire story, apart from knowing that the whole scenario is about a car workshop/car/someone’s mother… and complaints.. and more complaints.

The entire story is basically about Ah Fai’s daily life, has a friend named Peter, living with his 70 year old mother; who is bloody obstinate and still keep on collecting soft drinks cans. This somewhat made him looked as if Peter was not capable enough to take care of his own mother. Debtors’ problem, lack of sales, etc. I think there are too many complaints.

During the commercial break with Seet Kar Yin, I thought it was part of the act. Ha ha ha. Damn. I am darn terrible in listening to Chinese Channel.

*Phone disruption*

Part II

The old woman is complaining about falling and landing on her ass.

*Boss disruption*

Wah..the old woman’s mouth is so damn laser. Complaining about the daughter in law: her addiction to playing mahjong, hair dyed in all kinds of shades, etc.

Part III

Ah? There is one new female character – which I cannot decipher who the hell is she. She was giving Ah Fai a hard time.

Talking about a jinxed road –filled with accidents – cats, dogs, chicken… pig.. killed… okay lah. There wasn’t any pigs killed on the road. The unidentified woman was giving offerings at the roadside to ward off bad luck.

Ah Fai was investigating a hit-and-run accident involving a very old lady.

Ah? Is it Ah Fai the one who knocked down the old woman?

The woman by the roadside suddenly knew face reading ala Joey Yap’s style, saying that Ah Fai has black clouds on his face, which rendered him bad luck.

The funniest part is, Ah Fai thinks it was only a small thud, and, he figured, that the very old woman couldn't withstand even a slight knock by a car, and ended up comatose in the hospital. Eh? Who lah can withstand a knock by a car? Not even Incredible Hulk ok?

Then, Ah Fai’s boss called him and said police went to his office looking for him. *Jeng jeng jeng*... to be continued..

Another 9 episodes to go. I have to brush up my Cantonese soon to avoid misinterpretation. The story is a bit too "si lai" (Cantonese: Aunty-ish. Cater for those 40 years old and above) for my liking.

P.S. Fellow readers who are keen to know about the story, please log onto the drama archives of 98.8FM to listen via e-drama.

Comments

Backup comments said…
should get viewtru to get into this business too

then i listen hehe
ryuu | 09.17.05 – 5:27 am | #

I’m lost.
Kat | Homepage | 09.17.05 – 8:56 am | #

r u going to post in every new story they feature???? that’s gonna be 4ever…hehe!
keatix | Homepage | 09.17.05 – 11:11 am | #

Ryuu: Yeah. It is a lucrative biz. But I am not sure if hamsap story could be aired.

Kat: I am lost too.

keatix: I doubt it. Ha ha. I will ask the Monk to have his own blog for this.
Gina | Homepage | 09.17.05 – 2:08 pm | #

hey gina, I don’t think they’ll put that online in their drama archives so soon. as far as i know, those that are there were broadcasted on air at least a few months beforehand already. so ppl, if you really wanna catch it again, my guess is that you’ll have to wait for at least a month or two.
emma | 09.17.05 – 3:07 pm | #

I miss it. But I was listening to Chan Fong on the counselling session yesterday. The last one to call was the galfren of the guy that call last week. Ahahaha.. I still remember some of those name of the cast in those story slot such as Song Man Tin..How I wish I am one of the guy involve in the script.Can ask monk to pasang Jalan Ah?
Kien Boon | 09.17.05 – 3:48 pm | #

guys if u ppl r in the e drama archive(link provided by Gina) check out “The scent of Lemon Grass” its really good….

peace,
e
ed | 09.17.05 – 4:31 pm | #

Popular Posts