LOOKING FOR LOVE


WY, being her superstitious self, has an uncanny way to find out when Mr Right would ever cross her path.


----- Original Message -----
From: WY
To: Gina
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: Small talk

Early this morning I played the game I told you yesterday. I was so damn nervous and my heart pounded endlessly... Tiffany helped me to count the number of times the ring knocks on the glass. My calculation is different from hers. She says she'd counted 29 whereas I counted 34. Just now I played again just to confirm the right figure, the ring didn't move at all...maybe because I have menses, damn spooky. It came right after I played the first time.

This is how you play the game:

First you fill the transparent glass with 1/4 of water (tap). Then you use your strand of hair and thread it through your ring. Hold it tight and stabilize it above your open left palm. Very hard to explain leh because need to show you how. Anyway, let me continue... Once it's stabilize, repeat your name 3 times "Cheng mun (your full name in Cantonese) kei to sui kit fun". (Cantonese: What age would I get married?)

After repeating this phrase, holding the thread with the ring, pull it up and down (like how you do it with a tea bag) for 3 times before putting it inside the glass (middle and without touching the water).

Steady your hand and wait until it swing by itself. Once it started to swing, count the number of knocks in the glass.. when it fully stop, this means that the last count is the age that you're getting married. To confirm, play at least 3-4 times.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gina
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 4:59 PM
To:WY
Subject: Re: small talk

ya allah. this crap i played before when i was a kid ok??? back in primary school lah.. OMIGOD. i tot your method is very sophisticated one. like use drops of blood or something like that. Dunno that you are THIS gullible. when you say, use hair and ring, I already knew.


----- Original Message -----
From: WY
To: Gina
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 5:10 PM
Subject: RE: Small talk

I've not played this game before mah... mana lar aku tau. The only thing I've played is the spirit of the coin with my younger sis when I was in form 3. That time only two of us at home and it's raining with thunderstorm... still remember that my whole body went cold when the coin started to move by itself. I quickly asked my sister to summon the spirit back to its place.

It's Friday, so nothing much to do, weekend is approaching, so saje lar...

-----Original Message-----
From: Gina
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 5:16 PM
To: WY
Subject: Re: Small talk

do you know why the hair and ring can start moving? this is all science lah. electrostatic. what lah. ahahhahaha. my friend also did the peeling apple thingy to see who is her future husband. kelakar habis. You have to peel the apple skin in one circle continuously till the end. if you accidentally cut it off abruptly before u reach the end, then your future hubby will die. punyalah bullshit.

it depends on your fate and destiny. everything is fated, but destiny is in your own hands.

if you want to get married fast, then you go out with your colleague and visit the old folks home# . probably might bump into someone that you like.

But people say, love will come when you stop looking.

#Our nickname for a pub in amcorp mall, usually frequent by mature (middle age) men.

Comments

Backup comments said…
eh eh…the ring game sounds damn shiok man!!! too bad i dont have a freaking ring to play with.

may be i should play the apple peeeling one….midnite sit in front of the mirror…with white candle lit…and peel and peel and peel….and if no man appear i can just eat the freaking apple lo! ha ha ha

peace
e
ed | 07.25.05 – 12:16 am | #

lol. Why haven’t I played that ring game before?
Kat | Homepage | 07.25.05 – 1:56 am | #

aiyah, better go and ‘kau chim’at temple. and if you bump into a guy there you know he’s religous.. :P
yuin | 07.25.05 – 8:45 pm | #

It’s kid’s stuff lah people. hehehe. Very silly, come to think of it.

Yuin: I went and kau chim before. The priest there told me, my future marriage is going to be late. Then I asked him, how late? Late. Exactly how late? Very late. I decided not to kau chim anymore.
Gina | Homepage | 07.26.05 – 10:11 pm | #

No doubt is kid’s stuff, but no harm playing when you are REALLY bored and nothing else better to do…
WY | 08.10.05 – 5:37 pm | #

Popular Posts