DR FIX IT


Well, I am also known as Aunt Agony/Dr Love to some of my friends, even strangers.. these are some of the advice that I have given this week alone…

To a friend, who complained about living with in-laws

In this world, there is no black and white, whether you are right or wrong. The key word here is to compromise. Whatever it is, give and take. Nobody can win all the time. So we create a situation where everyone wins.. that is when everyone compromise.

To a friend who is unsure of whether the boyfriend loves her for whom she is

I think if a man can take care of you when you are sick, that is more than what you could wish for. I think despite him being an ass at times, he loves you more than you could ever imagine.

To a friend who complained about being lonely

Loneliness can be fatal. It will make you wonder about a lot of things. I am glad, even when I feel lonely (I am lonely all the time - whether you believe it or not), but I don’t let the loneliness get to me.

I mean, it is depressing at times to think - how ah? Old already how ah?Who would take care of me? Is there a soulmate for me? How am I going to spend the rest of my life? Alone? Will someone love me? Would I love someone? etc etc

I am surprised coz since you are a good Christian, you won’t feel lonely as you would always have Jesus with you. I don’t have a religion, yet I live my life to the fullest... I think. I guess there would be some point in life that I might need a divine intervention.

Luckily I am the type that if I have a problem, I could sleep well. Hehehe. I just sleep on my problems.. hopefully, it would go away when morning comes.

To a friend who complained about prejudice at work

Wherever you work, there bound to have such thing. Prejudice, biasness, one sided, etc. you just need to think the ultimate purpose of you working – TO PAY BILLS. If you don’t like working there, you may look for other jobs and move on. Frankly speaking, wherever you go, there would be problem. The key word here is ADAPT.

If you don’t like working for people, you can start your own business. Bear in mind, whatever you do, there would be different risks and obstacles. You need to be clear headed before you start anything. Don’t do things in a rush.

Well, whether you are happy or sad, the world will still go round. It won’t wait for you to wallow in self- pity. What we could do is, as much as possible, do not let problem plague us. Solve it as soon as we could. If need be, get help. It is not worth to spoil your day over a small issue. No problem is too big to be solved. There is always an answer.

To a friend who try to redeem trust from a friend of 20 years for liking the same man

I am sure no girls could accept the fact that her best friend is now with the guy that she loved most. No matter how good you are, or whatever that happens is not your fault, etc etc. She will still feel hurt deeply. I think probably you would never regain her trust. Be prepared to lose this friendship for good. Life is all about choices. You have made yours; that is to be with him. Be firm with your decision.

I know, as you are harboring hopes that she would forget about this soonest possible, it won't happen. It takes a minute to fall in love, and an entire lifetime to forget lost love.

I know it is a waste that a friendship of 20 years just go down the drain. But this is your happiness. You cannot think of others and yourself at the same time. Give and take situation. She should understand that the man is interested in you and not her. This is a FACT. But at this point of time, she would probably refuse to accept this or deny this. When she has reached an understanding, She would be thinking back and finds it silly to have lost a friend because of a man.

Comments

Backup comments said…
first comment!
ryuu | Homepage | 07.29.05 – 4:54 am | #

Troubleshooter, eh?
james | Homepage | 07.29.05 – 4:52 pm | #

Dr. Love sounds better than Aunt Agony..
at least a doctor and not an aunty :P
yuin | 07.29.05 – 8:12 pm | #

Popular Posts