WU NAME

Having nothing to do late Sunday night, after so much interruption of precious sleep by my forever noisy family members, I logged on to the internet to see what’s there to interest me.

Good thing I found this, to keep me entertained. Thanks, Shine!

Generate Your Wu-Name
Created: 1999-11-16
PHP Script to Generate Wu-Name

The PHP script Generate Your Wu-Name generates a random name based of an adjective and a noun an example is my Wu-Name: Drunken Conqueror.

The PHP script uses two plain text files, one that holds all of the adjectives and the other all of the nouns. The script reads these files into two arrays. The PHP function file(filename) reads the filename file into an array with each line being an element of the array.

So next all that is needed is to randomly pick elements from these arrays. However, I don't want this to be totally random because your Wu-Name should not change each time you enter it in. Thus, I'll start the random number generator with a seed number, which will be based on the name entered. Using the PHP function srand(seed_number), which works just likes Perl's function, and generates a random number.

To read more: click here.

Then, I wu-named the whole family (of coz I won’t tell you their names!!:p).

"Self" from this day forward
you will also be known as Dynamic Bastard

“Dad” from this day forward
you will also be known as Shrieking Dreamer

“Mom” from this day forward
you will also be known as Erratic Samurai

“Stick Insect Sister” from this day forward
you will also be known as Bitter Commander

“Brother” from this day forward
you will also be known as Ungrateful Samurai

Sigh… bad blood runs in my family.

Also, I wu-named some of my friends:

“A guy I fell in love with” from this day forward
you will also be known as Dynamic Warrior

“A guy I like” from this day forward
you will also be known as Jolly Overlord

“Best Bud WY” from this day forward
you will also be known as Expert Samurai

“James” from this day forward
you will also be known as Intellectual Wanderer (Ahak.. PTUI!!!)

Try it! It’s fun.

Comments

Backup comments said…
Ehhehheh… Dun be so jealous lah, you!

Noticed how the powers of the cosmos named me Intellectual Wanderer while you are quite appropriately Dynamic Bastard?
james | Homepage | 05.17.04 – 1:58 pm | #

If I use my Chinese name solely, without Gina, it is Erratic Scholar. Hahah. At least not a bastard. This is to entertain you.

Your wife is Happy Professional. Heh!
Gina | Homepage | 05.17.04 – 5:40 pm | #

It’s funny…I’m an expert samurai I’ve tried it on my family’s name…just to name a few..great discovery!
Wai Ye | 06.04.04 – 9:54 am | #

Popular Posts