PUPPY LOVE


The Wonder Years

I believe everyone should have at least a crush(s) on somebody at some point, someday, somehow, sometime …. in their lives.

Much had been said about some girls from Convent Schools, but I thank God that my estrogen hormone is stronger than my testosterone. I still very much prefer males to females. :-P

The first crush that I ever had was on this guy back in Taiping Chinese Methodist Kindergarten. (Yes – Hormone rages irregardless age). He was my classmate, confidante and hero. I still remember his name, Lau Ee Siang. Haha. If anyone by this name, studied in Chinese Methodist School, Taiping, Year 1981/82, happen to stumble upon this blog, please write to me!

Back then, there were a couple of boys in school who were super humsup. The duo were famous for being peeping toms and gang up on girls to kiss them. (See. Believe me when I tell you hormone rages irregardless age?).I couldn’t understand why we didn’t report this matter to the teachers.

As I was a respectable student (Ahem!) and every teacher’s pet, these Peeping Toms dared not disturb me. (or so I think?)

Further, Ee Siang was always there to protect me. He accompanied me everywhere, even to the ladies, where he stood outside guarding the entrance. We had a gender separated cubicle/partition and a drain as a toilet back then. It was a maze shaped liked cubicle. We (girls) had to squat and balance ourselves above the drain. Sometimes, you could see shit floating when the running water was not strong enough to wash it away.

Hoi! Houston…. Calling Houston. Ok ok.. Where were we?

One fine day, they (Peeping Toms) decided to venture into this unchartered territory, me. I was cornered under the staircase while walking back to my class. (I can’t remember why Ee Siang wasn’t there) I was petrified! They then, grabbed both my hands and tried to kiss me.

I struggled furiously and managed to squeal, “Ee Siang!! Ee Siang!!”

Like a speeding bullet, Ee Siang came to my rescue. He tried to beat the shit outta them with his bare hands. He failed as those two pervs with overly charged hormone were far too strong for him. It was then, another boy (who happened to be my neighbour), Wang Chu Yoeng came with a plastic ruler and gave those two some power-packed karate chops. It was like a Batman and Robin moment.

I was relieved to be free. I loved those two boys (Ee Siang & Chu Yoeng) after that.

As for the Peeping Toms, I think they were sternly reprimanded. I hope they grew up to be normal and do not cause much menace to the society.

* This is not a fiction. The names here are for real*

Comments

Backup comments said…
My kindergarten years were not as exciting and memorable as Gina’s. But here’s something I would like to share…

It was my graduation day, where we get to wear our robe, mortar, new clothes and socks. Yeap, we have to look nice and tidy on that day.

Then comes the day, all of us were excited and the situation was chaotic. The crowd was out of control. Everyone is running here and there, racing for limited changing room. Some were nervous and even cried (I was one of them) cos I’ve lost my new socks during the robe changing session! It was stolen! I was frantically searching for it like a mad cow. I was angry, furious and panic at the same time, since I’m next 4 the photo shoot. Out nowhere, I grabbed a pair of socks that were laid on the floor which to my disbelief, bigger than my foot and it kept rolling down to my ankle every time I walked. It was a total mess and I look like an angry person ready to chop off one’s hand in the photo…sigh my worst picture
Wai Ye | 06.01.04 – 6:18 pm | #

You should get a blog.
Gina | Homepage | 06.01.04 – 8:17 pm | #

Ahaahahah…my idea only comes one in a millionth…unlike yours, all of them are funny, eventful and unforgettable…sorry lar…I’m not into writing…Ok lar I’ve got the hint. Will write short comment next time…
Wai Ye | 06.02.04 – 3:13 pm | #

Aparah. I mean, you ought to own a blog and write as and when you pleased. There is no dead line here!
Gina | Homepage | 06.02.04 – 5:48 pm | #

Thanks for the inspiration I don’t like to write bout my life INSTEAD I love reading others, like yours especially (cheh…bukan main bodek, no lar it’s my inspiration for you to write more juicy stuff)…
Wai Ye | 06.04.04 – 2:34 pm | #

Popular Posts